Author Topic: My story: Gyne surgery + abdominal & flanks lipo / Los Angeles, Dr Dadvand  (Read 22057 times)

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member

Congrats on your progress.  Our stories are almost identical, except I am only 3 weeks post op, but I also had my gyno surgery and abs and flanks lipo with Dr. Dadvand. I selected Dr. Dadvand in part based on your review on RealSelf.  I am also seeing Pamela for Endermologie. (I've had 4 session in the last two weeks). It has definitely helped reduce my swelling.  I also ditched the vest at week 2 for a 2nd stage compression shirt Dr. D. recommended.  I feel exactly as you did about not being able to workout.  It's killing me because I feel like my body is turning to mush.  Thank you for posting such a detailed account of your experience, since you are several weeks ahead of me, it has made it easy for me to know what to expect.   One question about the workout regimen he prescribed.  Did Dr. Dadvand say anything about cardio?

Hi Tony(?)

CONGRATS on your surgery and good luck on your recovery!  I know exactly how you feel right now!  You may even be kicking yourself , like I did, for not having this done sooner. Oh well!

As far as cardio workout goes, for the first 6 weeks, the only thing allowed was walking!  My dog loved this part!  Dr D told me when I go back to gym at starting week 7, I can slowly resume my cardio workout and gradually ramp up the intensity.  And to be honest Tonny, once I went back to gym after all these weeks, I felt sooo out of shape that I couldn't workout the way I used to, it took me a few weeks to catch up!

Good luck again and please post some pics; it really encourages and helps others!

---Bobby

Offline itoffishul

• Posting Member
Hi have you noticed any visible marks or changes to your nipples since the surgery and are they temporary or permanent? Thanks for sharing your story

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Hi have you noticed any visible marks or changes to your nipples since the surgery and are they temporary or permanent? Thanks for sharing your story

Hi,

I'm not sure why you asked this question, but yes, I have noticed visible changes to my nipples.  I'm still in healing process and it's too soon to say if the changes are permanent.

As you can see from the pictures I've been posting, right after the surgery, the nipples were not looking completely normal.  Specifically, the skin were kind of folded on my left side.  That is 90% gone now and I have been told that things will just improve as the swellings go down and the skin on my pec muscle 're-drapes'.

---Bobby
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:04:53 PM by Bobby - LAgyne »

Offline Rcoggy23

Bobby,
First of all- I want to say thank you soooo very much for sharing your story. I have been contemplating on getting this procedure for about 3 years now. Reading your story gave me that extra push I needed to go through with the surgery. I have also researched several MD's in the area and chose Dr. Dadvand to be my surgeon. Dr. Dadvand has a very good bedside manner and actually spent a significant amount of TIME with me answering all of my dumb questions. I am impressed with the aftercare that you received from him. I can also say nothing but positive things about Deborah, his office assistant. She has been very kind,reassuring, and very helpful. My surgery isn't until the beginning of April, but I have high hopes after reading your blog. Thanks again Bobby and have a speedy recovery!

Ill be sure to update after my procedure!
-Ryan

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Bobby,
First of all- I want to say thank you soooo very much for sharing your story. I have been contemplating on getting this procedure for about 3 years now. Reading your story gave me that extra push I needed to go through with the surgery. I have also researched several MD's in the area and chose Dr. Dadvand to be my surgeon. Dr. Dadvand has a very good bedside manner and actually spent a significant amount of TIME with me answering all of my dumb questions. I am impressed with the aftercare that you received from him. I can also say nothing but positive things about Deborah, his office assistant. She has been very kind,reassuring, and very helpful. My surgery isn't until the beginning of April, but I have high hopes after reading your blog. Thanks again Bobby and have a speedy recovery!

Ill be sure to update after my procedure!
-Ryan

Ryan,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your fist post here!

I'm glad that my story and what I have shared here has been helpful to you.  As I have experienced myself, you will be in good hands with Dr Dadvand. 

Good luck on your surgery and please share some pictures!

---Bobby

Offline Ri401

• Posting Member
Hey bobby, awesome story! Must feel amazing to finally got rid of them! I want to thank you for reading my story as well. I know you asked, but I am from Rhode Island. I've done some research on good plastic surgeons in my area that specialize in gyno and have even made a few phone calls but the out of pocket expenses are just way out of my budget... How much did yours cost you? Regardless, I plan to have surgery as soon as I can noatter how much it costs though.. I'm sure you can agree with me when I say you can't put a price on the happiness and confidence you gain from being gyno free!

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Hey bobby, awesome story! Must feel amazing to finally got rid of them! I want to thank you for reading my story as well. I know you asked, but I am from Rhode Island. I've done some research on good plastic surgeons in my area that specialize in gyno and have even made a few phone calls but the out of pocket expenses are just way out of my budget... How much did yours cost you? Regardless, I plan to have surgery as soon as I can noatter how much it costs though.. I'm sure you can agree with me when I say you can't put a price on the happiness and confidence you gain from being gyno free!

Hey man!

Thanks for the nice words!  I do feel great now that I don't see them on my chest anymore!

Each case is different and each doctor may have certain preferences to perform the surgery.  So not all gyne surgeries will cost the same.  I'm saying this because you asked how much I paid for my case and quiet frankly it doesn't matter how much "I" paid for "my" case to "my" surgeon.  You need to first find a board certified plastic surgeons who is specialized in G surgeries. Then you need to have a consultation with him to see how much it costs you for your case. If the fee is out of reach at this point, then you can have plan and save for it.  It took me a few years to save.  I recommend whatever you do, do not let the price be the deciding factor. Yes, you want to be G-free, but Google 'gynecomastia crater deformity' and see what non-specialized surgeons have done.  Patients are technically "gyne-free" but do you want to look like that?

Good luck!
---Bobby

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:37:26 PM by Bobby - LAgyne »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024