Author Topic: Doctors and Insurance Companies  (Read 1304 times)

rrr

OK, I have a condition that doctors can't determine the cause of so much -for advanced medicine. This condition is considered cosmetic, so health insurance won't cover it. Why does insurance usually cover gastric surgery for obese people, yet not breast reduction surgery for guys with gyno?

I also have a condition in which surgery is 94-96% effective, yet the insurance company won't cover it because they would rather treat the symptoms instead of the disease.

Doctors don't even seem to push for the surgery - they just sit back and prescribe compression stockings - why? I am having to go to an appointment especially to get the surgeon to file a pre-cert with the insurance company. Why isn't something like that the first line of treatment? 

After the pre-cert gets denied, I am going to have to fight with them, for who knows how long, until I get a resolution...

Doctors and insurance companies know damn well that only 22% of people prescribed compression stockings wear them daily, so why prescribe to people that don't want them?

Bummed (very 'tated today)

hammer

Bummed, I'm sure you can blame the insurance company and there lawyers, not the doctors! It's all about the numbers not the patient.

My back doctor at the VA is the same doctor that did my 1st back surgery at the U of MN. I once told him that he is like 2 different doctors! At the U of MN he was all business never a smile or never would take much time with the patient even though they both are teaching hospitals. At the VA he is a totally different person! It's like he is full of life! At the VA he has no insurance companies to deal with! I've had doctors tell me that is one of the big reasons that they like the VA!

Many medical centers even "time" the doctors when they are with the patients. You can blame the lawyers for a lot of the shit that you are dealing with, and Obamacare has made it worse and even more expensive!

Offline TigerPaws

Bummed medical insurance is not for medical care it is to support the insurance companies.

Why do you think they only want to insure healthy people?

A report came out in the past week or so, proving that 80% of hospital bills has errors that directly impacted how much the people were charged. The bills are written with codes not explanations so the people will not know what the bill is for.

Why do they do this? Simple to keep you and me from asking questions.
Unfortunately you will have to fight and fight hard to get whatever you want and need. It is not right but that is the world we live in.

Complaining will not solve the problem.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024