Author Topic: Dr Fielding  (Read 65986 times)

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
its ok, i have to head to the office tomorrow to drop off my deposit for the surgery.

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Ok, I'm going to call his office tomorrow and set up a consultation.

What's the waiting time usually like before you get a consultation, and at the consultation, if you tell him you want the surgery, how long until you get booked for it? Can you book the surgery without even having a consultation if you're 100% sure you want the surgery and are ready to pay no matter what? Do you need to get blood tests done? Does he show you how much gland he removes if you just do local anesthesia? Do people from Québec need to pay the hospital fees?

(I need to save time, I'm joining the army, and I have physical tests to pass in January. I'd need to get the surgery, rehabilitate (1 month) and have atleast one or two months to get back in shape)

If any of you could answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Oh and one more thing, I do not want liposuction. But if he believes that I need it, do I still need to get it? Or can I just say take out the gland and that's it?

Offline hatey

• Posting Member
My wait time was roughly 4 weeks (called back in august) but I guess it depends on Dr. F's schedule and time of year. Maybe they can set up a special appointment for you if you mention you're coming in from out of town? As for surgery, lamp's wait time was roughly 1 month (or less) iirc?

I doubt he'll agree to operate on you without a consultation... I would imagine that he needs to examine the severity of your case and what you require (and estimate the cost). I don't see why people from out of province would be exempt from paying hospital fees.

Even if you don't want lipo, but Dr. F believes that you do, I'd suggest following his advice. If he's recommending lipo, it likely means your results won't be so great without it.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
Ok, I'm going to call his office tomorrow and set up a consultation.

What's the waiting time usually like before you get a consultation, and at the consultation, if you tell him you want the surgery, how long until you get booked for it? Can you book the surgery without even having a consultation if you're 100% sure you want the surgery and are ready to pay no matter what? Do you need to get blood tests done? Does he show you how much gland he removes if you just do local anesthesia? Do people from Québec need to pay the hospital fees?

(I need to save time, I'm joining the army, and I have physical tests to pass in January. I'd need to get the surgery, rehabilitate (1 month) and have atleast one or two months to get back in shape)

If any of you could answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

----------------------

I am just a few steps ahead of you so by no means take what I say as gospel.  I will tell you what I do know though.

I don't think there is a specific time between consultation and surgery.  It's more if there is an open spot you can take you are good to go.  I caleld in August and asked for a specific range in october, they told me what was open and I took what was good for me.  Maybe if there is a time nobody really wanted it may be sooner.

And no you cannot book the surgery without consultation.  I tried that.  They need you in there to get a personalized look as to what needs to be done and what doesn't in order to get the best results.  Also, seeing the Dr before hand he lets you know what's best for you, what to expect, and asks you specific questions (when did it start, etc). 

No blood work is required, at least at the consultation end of things.  I am not sure about the surgery end of things.

I don't know about Quebec/hospital fees.  Give your health ministry a call and ask them.  I too have some hoops to jump with my health coverage and I know it's not fun so start as soon as you  can.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
Oh and one more thing, I do not want liposuction. But if he believes that I need it, do I still need to get it? Or can I just say take out the gland and that's it?

I am not sure about the specifics of liposuction/gland removal.  I do know that first I wanted only nipple reduction instead of nipple and pecs.  That was okay with them that I wanted the lesser work done.  After a while i decided it would just be better for me to get it all done at once.

As far as your question that would be something to ask him when you are there.  I'd agree with what Hatey said though.  If I were you i'd go with what the Dr said in order to see the best results.

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Thanks for your replies guys.

It's because I don't have a car, and MTL-TO is quite the bus ride. I was trying to see if I could not save myself a few trips hehe.

And lamp said he wasn't getting lipo, I have around the same build and body fat as him. I already had lipo once by a doctor in Montreal 4 months ago and it didn't change anything (or barely). Worst 4500$ I ever spent. I'm still recovering from that hole in my wallet  >:( So I want to ask him to just take out the gland and I'll exercise the fat off after. Although I am working out and doing cardio everyday anyways, to get in shape for the army. (6'0 195 lbs) Would like to get down to about 185 before surgery to increase results.

And has anyone ever gotten the procedure done already? I know it sounds weird, but I really want to know if he shows you the gland that he removes (if under local anesthesia). I'd take them home and burn 'em haha.

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
you should definetly do a consultation before surgery. he takes asks a bit of questions and hes there to observe what needs to be done. lipo will be done unless its required, so its really up to you but it may or may not reflect the outcome unless stated by fielding. he wont know what to work on if you just booked on the fly and you come in and seeing you for the first time with no notes at all about you. if youre similar to me, the reason the nipple appears puffy is because the breast tissue that exists make my nipples that way. so no amount of cardio or lowering my bodyfat will improve it; it will only make it more conspicuous. there has been a lot of praise and his reputation is quite high, and of course there are those who arent fully satisfied with him. if you do a search function in the forum look for "fielding". you should be able to find past posts related to him.

Offline leaf

• Posting Member
Thanks for your replies guys.

It's because I don't have a car, and MTL-TO is quite the bus ride. I was trying to see if I could not save myself a few trips hehe.

And lamp said he wasn't getting lipo, I have around the same build and body fat as him. I already had lipo once by a doctor in Montreal 4 months ago and it didn't change anything (or barely). Worst 4500$ I ever spent. I'm still recovering from that hole in my wallet  >:( So I want to ask him to just take out the gland and I'll exercise the fat off after. Although I am working out and doing cardio everyday anyways, to get in shape for the army. (6'0 195 lbs) Would like to get down to about 185 before surgery to increase results.

And has anyone ever gotten the procedure done already? I know it sounds weird, but I really want to know if he shows you the gland that he removes (if under local anesthesia). I'd take them home and burn 'em haha.

I believe the gynecomastia related fat tissue that surrounds the sides and front of the chest is fed by hormones - much like a woman's to provide structure and contour to their breasts.  In short, it is terribly difficult, if not impossible, to exercise gynecomastia fat away, especially if it provides your breasts shape and contour (it's not just male-pattern fat bands, but rather boobs).

Offline hatey

• Posting Member
Had my consultation with Dr. Fielding today and it was a great experience overall. As has been said multiple times, he is very friendly and makes you extremely comfortable, starting conversations not relating to gyno and asking you about yourself and whatnot. He also outlines clearly what the procedure entails and what I can expect afterwards in terms of results and recovery. He even seemed somewhat disappointed that I didn't have many questions for him after he finished speaking :). The receptionist Leslie was also very friendly and prompt.

As for the surgery itself, I was quoted $800 (very happy about that) but I have somewhat of a minor case and he noted that one side was slightly worse than the other (although he'll be operating on both). Like lamp, he also suggested that I do the procedure with local anesthetic rather than general. All that's left to do is make the call to book the surgery after I check my schedule (earliest date was early october).

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Alright guys! I booked my appointment. Sept. 27th! Looking forward to it.

Here are some pics of my case in case any were wondering.

Also, great news hatey, hopefully mine can go as well as yours

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
and a few more..

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
congrats hatey and WOW, 800.

for you mtlgyno youre quite similar too me and i think youre going to get a low quote as well. the lipo did you some good, but of course you still need the gland removed. but fieldings words of wisdom will shadow mines :)

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
hatey-$800 is nothing!  Thats amazing.

I'm sure they are doing more to me, but mine is $2800 taxes in.  I'm envyous of all you guys with such lost costs.

Either way good luck

Offline hatey

• Posting Member
Thanks guys. Yeah I was pretty happy about the price as well. I think I'll call in tomorrow to schedule my surgery... hopefully that early October date is still available.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024