Author Topic: Surgery...Mr. Levick - diary & PICTURES FINALLY ADDED! 4TH PAGE...  (Read 16439 times)

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Ahh ok - I appreciate your help mate.

I'll give Levicks office a call tomorrow just to put my mind 100% at rest but you've helped so much.

On another note, I'm completely paranoid that the gynecomastia is still there - I guess because I haven't seen beneath the bandages it's all in my head - can't wait til Thursday to rip these off!
Surgery with Mr. Levick on Thursday 18th August 2011 - currently recovering!

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
No worries mate keep us posted.

Lol you're flat as a pancake under there fella i can guarantee it :D. Welcome to the paranoid world of post op lol. You'll be fine. Cant wait to hear what u think of ur results once bandages come off.

Oh btw I got my mrs to remove the bandages for me coz it was kinda hard to get to them etc

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Is it normal that it's fairly uncomfortable to walk around? It only really hurts on the side that's swollen still...I realise it's a long road to recovery but I thought something as simple as walking wouldn't be too uncomfortable!

Offline kingboob

The swelling on my left armpit has gone down completely now but my right armpit is still swollen and looks like it's got a golf ball stuck in it - I'm a bit worried that it didn't drain properly and that I'm gonna have to get it drained again :(

Anyone think I should try and contact Levick regarding the swelling or just leave it and ride it out?

I would say there is virtually no chance having a drain put back in there again. Worst case scenario is you have a small collection of fluid and in my experience (as a frequent flier patient!) he likes to just leave things alone to reabsorb and heal naturally. 

It is almost certainly nothing to worry about (probably just inflammation from the lipo canula going in through the armpit incision) but you should certainly phone him to get advice if worried.

Offline kingboob

Is it normal that it's fairly uncomfortable to walk around? It only really hurts on the side that's swollen still...I realise it's a long road to recovery but I thought something as simple as walking wouldn't be too uncomfortable!

Yeah, you could feel sore for a couple of weeks.   As far as I can tell you are only 4 days post op?   Lipo is quite brutal really, they stuff a metal tube in and drag it about to suck out the fat, it isn't really very delicate.  youtube.com/watch?v=nfRsBijqS4E&has_verified=1   <skip to 1min 15sec in the video to get the idea......    it causes bruising and tenderness for obvious reasons!

If you start to feel that the skin is red & hot, or if you start to run a temperature, or feel generally unwell, then you should contact him for advice incase there is a bug in there.  Otherwise I would say it is part of the normal healing process.  

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:47:33 PM by kingboob »

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
It's not overly hot, a bit warm and bruised though. Don't feel unwell - got a bit of a headache but I guess I'd feel worse than that if it was infected?

Appreciate your help!

Offline kingboob

It's not overly hot, a bit warm and bruised though. Don't feel unwell - got a bit of a headache but I guess I'd feel worse than that if it was infected?

Appreciate your help!

I had a slight infection once with a very slight temperature and I felt like I was about to die!    If anything major was wrong you would know about it believe me. 

However, at the end of the day I'm not a medical expert and the forum isn't a substitute for medical advice.  So, I will say again, phone him in the morning for a chat if you are worried at all, he wont mind.   

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Completely agree with Kingboob mate, keep us posted.
Yep I was uncomfortable walking about at about ur stage, just rest a couple of days mate And you will be over the worst of it.

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
I think I've been a bit daft with thinking I'd be feeling a lot better by now - I'm getting there...slowly!

Just need to realise that I've had quite invasive surgery done and my body needs time to recover...can't wait to take off the bandages tomorrow/wednesday though - I wanna see what I look like underneath it all!

Does it/did it feel quite warm/tingly underneath the bandages for you when you sat up/walk around? Just want to make sure everything is going as normal.

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Can't remember tbh mate but do remember it feeling weird underneath bandages.
Bandage stage was the worst part for me once they were off I started recovering much faster it seemed.

I was wiped out for a week, could barely do anything, mrs had to look after me a fair bit over the first 6 days or so but then started recovering really quick.

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
I'm contemplating taking the bandages off tomorrow - really digging in to me now...surely that wouldn't cause problems?

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
I took bandages off at 6 days post mate coz they were cutting into me and starting to hurt.

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
I had the op last thursday - so tomorrow is 6 days for me too - I hope it'll be ok!

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Give Levick a call tomorrow and tell him, he'll prob say ur fine to take them off mate.
Make sure u get straight into ur compression vest obviously though.

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Will do - can't wait to see beneath these bandages....aghhhhhh!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024