Author Topic: Before Surgery  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Jared S.

Now since I have date set for my surgery I want to be able to walk into this with the most confidence that it is going to work out well. So, I was wondering what I should, and shouldn't, do as far as eating, exercise, and medication. I know to ask my doctor, but it will be a little while before I can talk to him face to face and I don't want to find out I was supposed to not take medicine for three weeks before surgery and have it be too late.

As far as my diet I eat rather healthy for a 17 year old. I eat plenty of meat and consume ALL my vegetables. Hahaha.
I take 24 hour Clairdin D. ever single day for my allergies. I'm a little worried because if I don't take it my nose can become so stuffed I can't breath through it, and I think you need to just to take anesthesia. Could be wrong though. 

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
I'm a little worried because if I don't take it my nose can become so stuffed I can't breath through it, and I think you need to just to take anesthesia. Could be wrong though. 

Just tell your doctor about it. He'll know what to do.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
If you are on general anesthetic they will stick a tube down your throat, so don't worry about it  ;)

I think the medical term for it is intubation.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024