Author Topic: 17 and Confused  (Read 11782 times)

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
by that line of argument there's no such thing and a d-cup is normal too.  now i'd say it's perfectly morally and socially acceptable, and if somebody like gine2d chooses to live with his, more power to them, but the fact is there does exist such a thing as a norm.  people get cosmetic surgery for accident disfigurement for the same normality, and it's no crime if they do.  

working out is good, but the guy's not flabby, and working out sure won't make any puffies go away, which apparently concerned him enough to go looking for more info at a site like this.  so he'll have to make some kind of call.    

don't know if he's been away, but he never answered my gland disk question.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline cade87

• Posting Member
Sorry, I missed your question. In regards to the third pic, I'm pulling out everything that isn't muscle. When I feel around, it feels like a mass of multiple tiny masses, rather than one large mass. I don't know if this signifies gynecomastia or not...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 06:50:00 PM by cade87 »

Offline Spleen

HHH, the kid doesn't have gynecomastia.  

Offline mikess19

• Posting Member
I agree with everyone else on this one. I would kill for your chest man, because I know with a little more working out I'd be cool.

Offline serg

• Silver Member
I concur, your chest looks fine mate.

All the best,

s.

Offline cade87

• Posting Member
Anymore opinions?

Offline Spleen

Why?  I think there's a pretty clear consensus.  You don't need to talk yourself in to thinking you have gynecomastia.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the only way to know for sure will be to see a doc.  but your pic shows you pulling at a mass, it's conical from the side, and gyne i.m.h.o is still relative.  so there's where you are.  

Offline TheSlacker

• Posting Member
You look pretty normal to me man. maybe just a tiny tiny tiny tiny bit but  is nothing people will notice unless you actually tell them to look with a magnifying glass. what you really should do is start lifting weights. join a message board like fortified iron (http://www.fortifiediron.net/invision/) and specifially visit the bodybuilding (for gaining lean muscle mass) throw the first picture up on that site and you will get a lot of help. trust me, the only reason you dont think you look good is because you have very little muscle. now head over to the site and start posting :)
ps: if you go to that site and need some support, my username is "The Slacker"

Offline morgue_doll

I have to side with HHH here.  Whereas it is very likely something that is very normal (or possibly even temporary), it is something that you notice and that bothers you.  It really can't hurt to get a professional opinion.

Keep in mind that at 17, your body chemistry is quite probably in a wild state of flux.  Surgery may not be required, or even desirable at this point.

As has been mentioned before, definitely take good physical care of yourself.  Starving yourself will really only result in losing any muscle definition, and will make you feel even more insecure.  If you're really worried about dietary influences, try to hit the beef and other fatty red meats a little less often.  When you work out, try to build lean mass in your chest area (usually high reps, low weight if you lift weights) instead of bulk.

And, above all else, don't panic.  Even if you check with a doctor and find that you have gynecomastia, you aren't a freak.  Whether you have it or not, it's definitely something that you can deal with.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
dude,I'd say that you maybe have a mild case of gyne,I remember when i first noticed it when I was 12 it was about that size...but...it kept on growing from there...good luck, it doesnt look that bad...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
On 2nd thought, i think you do have it.  Picture 2 clearly shows s'thing, as physically minor as it may be.  And the fact that you can pinch a mass in picture 3 is evidence of gyne also.  I'm a decent size guy and nowhere else on my body can I pinch what you're squeezing in pic #3. Again, very minor, very minor but you do have it. Personally, I could live with it but it sounds like it really bothers you.

Offline Demon560

As mentioned before there is a slight conical shape. Very very slight, which is no where close to what the average joe gyno has to deal with. It looks like it is bothering you a great deal however. If I were you, I would wait for a year or so just because it may go down later since you may have hit puberty really late.

But just to clear things up, go and see a plastic surgeon. Do not accept advice from your family doctor, or your mom, or your friends because they dont see cases of gyno everyday.

Offline help_me87

• Silver Member
  • boobs=gone. nipples=puffy. NO!!!
perfectly normal.. the only reason why your side view pic doesnt look so flattering to you is because you arent standing up straight at all.. im sure if anyone slouched over, they would see a little skin/bod fat thats completely normal...

i agree with everyone... your fine... its allll in your head.
Surgery Complete!
April 14, 2005

Offline BlueEagle

• Posting Member
  • Ladiees, I'm Ripped Everywhere Cept on the Tidiees
give it time...
spend ~1/30 of that time in the weight room

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024