Author Topic: Confused  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Kaktus

Hi all , id really would like someones input on my current condition.  ???

I had Gyno since i was 15 now i am 20.My gyno is a mild case when my nipples aren't puffy my chest looks almost perfect.I am 5'10 74kg (164lbs) have slightly some fat on my lovehandles maybe a lil on the chest , currently heavily exercising.

I went to my family doctor and got sent to endocrinologist , which sent me to check in with another doctor breast expert (mamology) who performed echoscopy on me and examined my gyno.He said that there is no breast tissue , i always thought i had some because i feel wire like thing when i squeeze my nipple and can grab some small lumps when i dig-into my chest with fingers.

After that i had Thyroxine tested and found out that i have hypothyroidism as my Thyroxine test results ware 4.92 (normal range 0.4-4.0).

Now i am using L-Thyroxine and was wondering could that rid of my gyno ?
Has someone had experience with hypothyroidism ?

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
My gyno is a mild case when my nipples aren't puffy my chest looks almost perfect.

Gynecomastia is defined as "excess fat on the chest". The quoted above is the key sentence in your post for me. My case is very similar to yours as my chest also looks fine (almost impressive) when cold or stimulated. Breast tissue is like a sponge, it shrinks under stimulation, your nipple covers it's shape and hence it shrinks when the tissue does. When you're at room temp, relaxed, the tissue slowly expands again, hence your nipple slowly "repuffs" out again as it is stretched by the excess tissue behind it.

I'm no expert in hypothyroidism but in my opinion, gynecomastia is genetic. It is often discussed as part of puberty, but surely most people would get it if it was. To me, you either have it or you dont and it probably just becomes more apparent during puberty. I remember thinking I was fat when I was 9 years old because I had man boobs, despite being stick thin.

Sounds to me like you have a mild, probably not very noticeable case.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Gynecomastia is depicted in Egyptian art going back over 4000 years. The first known use of the term itself is attributed to the Greek Physician Galen. As he used the term I have been told that he was refering to well contoured breasts which would have to have had a significant amount of fatty tissue. It would seem that puffy nipples would not have fit his definition of the term.

In modern usage, it simply means an excess of tissue in the male breast without regard to what kind of tissue is involved. All men have some glandular tissue and some fat. Aparently your Dr feels that yours is mostly fat. It really makes very little difference, From our point of view the treatment would be essentially the same. For a surgeon, it an make a difference but not for us.

Most Doctors in General Practice are woefully uninformed regarding this issue, but some excellent Cosmetic Surgeons with vast experience on this frequent these pages. The only dumb questions are the ones not asked.

Welcome.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Kaktus

Thank you very much guys.  ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024