Author Topic: Surgery in two days  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Scarecrow

• Posting Member
Hi, after 10 years of suffering, I have finally decided to undergo surgery. I would have made this decision earlier, but I never knew that u can't get rid of the glands. Infant I never knew the difference between a gland and fat. But now as he d day is coming closer I'm freaking out badly. No so much due to the surgery but from the thought of being unconscious and anaesthesia.

Ive planned this surgery at manipal hospital Bangalore, under dr. Anatheswar's supervision. Read on the forum and elsewhere on the Internet that he is one of he best in Bangalore.

Are there any precautions I need to take before the surgery?

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Hi Scarecrow, congrats!  I'm heading in for surgery tomorrow myself.  I had a phone call from them yesterday going over all the things they need me to do in order to prep for the surgery.  In my case, they gave me a bottle of special anti septic soap (when I booked the surgery initially).  I was told to wash head to toe (hair included) with the soap the night before (tonight), then again in the morning.  No deodorant, hair product, cologne etc. etc.  I can't eat or drink ANYTHING after midnight.  My surgery is at 2pm, so I was concerned about not being able to drink even a little.  But they said no water at all.  Sucky.  I have to pack up some button up top p.j's to change into just before the surgery.  I was instructed NOT to wear them there as they want to keep them as clean as possible being I just had surgery.  Once you've got all the typical stuff done like that, it's all over but the waiting!  It is kind of nerve racking, but it will be o.k.  I'm nervous too about the anesthesia, but these guys to this several times every day, so they know what they are doing.  Gotta have faith right?  Good luck bro, hope yours goes well too!!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline Scarecrow

• Posting Member
Hey shaken bake,

Thanks man! It's always reassuring to know someone is in the same boat. And yeah you are right, these guys do it several times a week. My surgeon claims that he has done over 1000 surgeries. I guess he knows his stuff well. I haven't received any instructions from the surgeon. But they have asked me to get admitted a night before the surgery and then they are king to give me instructions, and almost all the cases have drains attached post surgery, which sucks and also I'll have to stay at the hospital for 3 days, which is a little scary, but 3 days and then I'm free.

All the best for your surgery, hope it goes well. Do let me know how did it go.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Thanks Scarecrow, will do.  My surgeon doesn't use drains, so hopefully that won't complicate anything, but he assured me it will not.  Good luck, I'll keep an eye out for your progress too.  Cheers!  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024