Author Topic: Can creatine cause gyne?  (Read 8761 times)

Offline tmb82

• Posting Member
Hi,

I left a previous thread asking whether protein shakes cause gyne, and fortunataly the answer was no - thanks to everyone who answered. I was also wondering now whether creatine supplements come 100% gyne free! - as I was thinking of trying it again. I used to use it before the op, but now I am post op I dont want to do any damage, so thought I would check!

Thanks guys!

p.s. on a totally seperate issue (!) does anyone know if its ok to put the underworks vests in the washing machine!!?? Thanks!!
Tim
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 07:47:41 AM by tmb82 »

Offline shakamunya

• Posting Member
Protein shakes and creatine are fine and have 0% risk of causing gyne. Creatine will cause water retention and personally I would stay off of everything except food while healing.

Offline rcbrown23

Protein shakes and creatine are fine and have 0% risk of causing gyne.

Agreed.

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
Creatine will not cause gyno.

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
what about nitric oxide? (pill form or powder)

mikeyfive0

no, creatine is safe

Offline ukman

• Posting Member
Hi

I wouldn't agree with Creatine is safe, check google with "creatine heart palpitations" this sh*t can cause some people serious heart problems.

When I was on it last year, I went to Greece on holiday, as a 30 year old man after running up some steps with my kid in pushchair of a hotel I thought I was going to die, I had a rush to the head, heart palpitations like I never experienced and had a tight chest all day after, I went to the doctor and was on a ECG machine which showed irregular heart beats.

They could not understand why... when I got home I checked out Creatine and would never ever take that sh*t again!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

They could not understand why... when I got home I checked out Creatine and would never ever take that sh*t again!

How do you know that it was the Creatine that caused your heart palpatations?

John.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 08:55:54 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline llbean24

• Posting Member
There have been some cases of people reporting gynecomastia while on creatine, but no research has been done.  It might have been the creatine, it might not have...it's your call.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
There have been some cases of people reporting gynecomastia while on creatine, but no research has been done.  It might have been the creatine, it might not have...it's your call.

What sort of people often take creatine? Body builders.
What sort of people often take steroids? Body builders.
Do steroids cause gyne? They can do.
Thus could it easily just be a coincidence that gyne has occured when on creatine? Certainly.

Big generalisation, but the logic isn't that crazy.
etc.

Offline ukman

• Posting Member
Well I had the same happen 2 years ago and when I checked back my diary this was when I was on last course of Creatine...

I have no other drugs nor much alchol then, The Doctors could not explain this and when you check google and forums on Bodybuilding there are loads of people who had the same experience.

Thats good enough for me, I ain't had one since anyhows :)

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Alright, cool. I hadn't bothered to check if this was just an isolated case or not. I'll probably stay away from it just to be safe.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024