Author Topic: Problem has arisen. Damn you, murphy's law. About the blood tests,  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
A problem has arisen: I need to HURRY to get the blood tests in. I have surgery booked for less than 2 weeks, and they still have not sent me a letter saying what blood tests I need to get done!

Another poster (chancer76 was his name) posted that it was these:

Full Blood Count
Coag (Blood clotting test)
Urea and Electrolytes

I emailed them, and they said I will need to get it done privately. I have no idea where to go. I'm in Ireland. Gonna ring my GP - I really do NOT want to have to explain why I'm getting this
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

hadenuf

I asked my Gp and the nurse did it the day after. I asked for what you need and he had no problem. I did tell him why and he was very understanding and also said it is a hard slog to get the nhs to do it which I replied I had always intended to go private anyhow.

It is confidential so there is no reason not to tell him.

Offline thetodd

my doctor had a HUGE waiting list before i could get an appoinment, i had to go privateley

look in your yellow pages (or whatever they call them in ireland) for

a phlebotomist

There should be one in there which will come to your house and do the tests! Just say you need the results because your having the surgey privateley. Make sure you give them a number to fax the results to or they will just post them, and its to late for that now!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 11:40:23 AM by thetodd »
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline kingboob

I hope you get this sorted in time.............in fact I am sure you will as once you have the tests done the results can be emailed or faxed through instantly........  but I have to say I don't really understand why these things are not performed at the hospital on the day of surgery or on consultation day if you make  a booking?

When I had my first surgery with Mr Levick the nurse took some blood on the day after doing all my pre-op form filling..... surely that makes more sense than having the patient run around trying to organise private tests, potentially getting the wrong tests done or having lost results, etc etc  ???

Also, I don't see why your NHS GP surgery would not do these tests - I mean you are saving the NHS a shed load of money and time by paying out of your own pocket for a corrective cosmetic surgery which really should be done by the NHS in the first place.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024