Author Topic: Could someone rate the severity of my gynecomastia? (Photos attached)  (Read 4110 times)

Offline doug8770

I am almost 21 years old now. I am 6ft tall and 190lbs. I've had at least a mild form of gynecomastia for as long as I can remember. When I was 17, I had a small tumor in my left breast. I had it removed and it turned out to be nothing, so that was good. I went to 3 doctors just so I could be sure that the tumor needed to be removed, and they all agreed. That was probably the first time in my life, when a doctor acknowledged that I was a little different, and that I did have a little more breast tissue that most kids my age. Every doctor that I saw told me that it was normal and that is should go away in a year or two, maybe 3, and if not, then surgery would probably be an option. Its been 3 years now and I think that I have noticed a slight decrease in my amount of breast tissue, but I haven't noticed any decrease in over two years now.
I do admit that I could loose a few lbs. Between age 17 and 19 I started life weights on a regular basis and put on about 25lbs. Though I put on 25lbs, my body did firm up quite a bit, though I could probably still use some heavy gym time. I really tried hard to firm up my chest, in attempt to decrease the extra tissue.

I really hate to take my shit off, especially around girls. For the most part I feel pretty comfortable in most clothes.

Here are some photos, please tell me the severity of my condition, and maybe what my options are. I really don't want to pay for surgery, but my appearance is really starting to take a toll on my self confidence. Is there a chance that it could still go away?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41497021@N05/3824854479/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41497021@N05/3825656514/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41497021@N05/3824854543/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41497021@N05/3824854599/in/photostream/

Offline Jopet

• Silver Member
  • MANILA, PHILIPPINES
In my own opinion from what i saw based on the pictures u had posted, you have a mild gyne. Mine was also like yours if im not fat. Do you feel a gland under your areola? If so, u should seek a plastic surgeon to have it remove.
*** THE GREATEST AMOUNT OF WASTED TIME IS THE TIME NOT GETTING STARTED. ***

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Very doubtful if it will go away on its own dude...

You need to arrange a consultation with a PS that has experience with GRS (Gynecomastic Reduction Surgery). You need to find a PS that performs 100+ GRS procedures a year...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline doug8770

I mean it sucks, because its really not an extreme case, and i've been looking around these discussion boards and it seems like i'm going to have to pay at least $3000 for the removal of the extra tissue. Is there any other alternative to surgery for a mild case like mine?

Offline Jopet

• Silver Member
  • MANILA, PHILIPPINES
I think there's no other way than to take surgery itself. I know its hard and expensive. Exercising more, and diet wont remove the gland in there. Compression shirts might help but when the time permits that you need to take off your shirt, acceptance on part of yourself is the least and easiest way to do. Im not a doctor or a surgeon but i believe that it should be "knifed"..

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Is there any other alternative to surgery for a mild case like mine?

You either accept your chest for what it is, or you have your G surgically reduced.

There are no miracle cures for this my man...  :-\

GB...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The only rating that is important is yours.

Likewise, the relative amounts of fat vs gland are not really important either.

Either the condition is too trivial to justify surgery or it has sufficient impact on your life to be worth having it reduced surgically.

It is something that only you can decide. There are no other effective options.
Grandpa Dan

Offline doug8770

This is kind of a dumb question, but does surgery reduce the size of the nipple too? I feel like if i did decide to have surgery, my nipples would look bigger than they already are, because my chest would be a little smaller.

Offline Rav86

• Posting Member
Removal of the gland and fatty tissue beneath the nipples actually -reduces- the size of the nipples quite significantly. You will look perfectly normal when surgery is over, trust me. I went from having 1.5 inch wide nipples to having 1 inch wide afterwards. Basically the nipples are more stretched out when you have a big gland beneath them as you do now, and when the gland is removed the skin shrinks to compensate.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024