Author Topic: QUESTION- Please read!  (Read 4631 times)

Offline masterofu

• Posting Member
I want to have this surgery without anybody knowing anything about it. I plan on having the surgery during a couple days off work I have coming up. I need to know if it will be possible to drive myself there and back and I know I should not work for longer after the surgery, but this is embarrassing and if i am out longer people will ask questions. What are the limitations after surgery? Is there a chance to hinder the results or is it just mainly for pain or soreness reasons. I would rather work with moderate soreness and pain than stay out of work a couple of weeks and have everybody know about this. i am not sure I can go through with the surgery if everybody is going to find out. :-/ I don't even want to tell my mom or my girlfriend. I don't even want my dog to know. Will this be possible? ??? ??? ---I am a mailcarrier by the way, no real heavy lifting, but lot of walking,driving, reaching etc.. THANKS for reading!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 03:37:07 PM by masterofu »

Offline JuNW

It depends on what sort of work you do, I'd say. If you work at a desk, you could probably go back within 3-5 days. If you work construction or something, you'll feel miserable back at work so soon, I bet... In my experience, it's soreness more than anything--as long as you keep the compression garments on, and don't make any dramatic movements, your results shouldn't suffer... But ask your doctor; I'm not one.

Offline JuNW

A mail carrier? 4-5 days off at least, I imagine.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
I don't even want my dog to know.

lol.  well, other people have made up fictions about cracked ribs or non-threatening growths etc too.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I really hate to sound unsympathetic but if his breast growth is so small he could get this past his mother and his girlfriend without either knowing, Why bother?

Did I miss something?
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I really hate to sound unsympathetic but if his breast growth is so small he could get this past his mother and his girlfriend without either knowing, Why bother?

Did I miss something?

Paa_Paw....   I think you misunderstood what 'masterofu' is trying to say. He says that he doesn't want anyone to know. Not even his Mother or GF. Have another look at it Dude... ;)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 06:21:46 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Gine2D

I am with Paa Paw,  if they are so small that his mother & girl friend have never noticed them, why bother with the surgery.

If they are large enough for them to have noticed, then they will notice if they are suddenly gone.

G

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I want to have this surgery without anybody knowing anything about it. I plan on having the surgery during a couple days off work I have coming up. I need to know if it will be possible to drive myself there and back and I know I should not work for longer after the surgery, but this is embarrassing and if i am out longer people will ask questions. What are the limitations after surgery? Is there a chance to hinder the results or is it just mainly for pain or soreness reasons. I would rather work with moderate soreness and pain than stay out of work a couple of weeks and have everybody know about this. i am not sure I can go through with the surgery if everybody is going to find out. :-/ I don't even want to tell my mom or my girlfriend. I don't even want my dog to know. Will this be possible? ??? ??? ---I am a mailcarrier by the way, no real heavy lifting, but lot of walking,driving, reaching etc.. THANKS for reading!

Hospital staff will not let you drive yourself home for obvious reasons. They ask you to have a family member or friend drive you home but I'm sure if you insist that you take a cab home there's not much they could do about it. Please, do not drive yourself home Dude.

You should be 'able' to go back to work within a few days of sugery. I had surgery on Feb. 16th and felt fine as soon as I woke up in the recovery room at the hospital. Sure there is a little tenderness but that is to be expected ;). The Doc will give you some Tylenol 3's to help you cope with any discomfort.

Keep in mind though, you may react differently to the surgical experience and may not feel well enough to return to work for a week or two. Don't fret about it too much, from what I have read on these boards, the other guys who have had surgery say that could, and some have, returned to work within a few days of the proceedure.

You should discuss this issue with your PS during the consultation. Let him/her know that you would like to return to work ASAP. I'm sure that they would give you the 'okay' after a couple of days rest.

Now, trying to conceal the bandage is anohter issue altogether... ;)

Good Luck!

John.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:45:58 AM by Grandpa Bambu 111 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I am with Paa Paw,  if they are so small that his mother & girl friend have never noticed them, why bother with the surgery.

If they are large enough for them to have noticed, then they will notice if they are suddenly gone.

Am I 'missing something' here ???. Where does 'masterofu' say that his Gyne is so small that his Mother and GF do not notice it? All he is trying to say is that he wants surgery without anyone knowing that he had the proceedure done.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 06:49:48 AM by Bambu »

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
He doesn't want them to know he has gynecomastia. IF they do notice a difference in his chest size afterwards, he can always just say it due to working out or something. But I can't understand how you are going to keep the surgery from your girl friend. Than again, I don't understand how the relationship is between you two.

Come up with an excuse, like you broke ribs, or you did a really hard workout and are sore, to cover up for the imobiality from the soreness.

$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Come up with an excuse, like you broke ribs, or you did a really hard workout and are sore, to cover up for the imobiality from the soreness.

Actually there is no loss of mobility. Just a little discomfort. That could change with a full days work though. ???

Offline Spleen

You can tell Mom and the GF.  You know you can.  They'll be a big help during your recovery.

Offline masterofu

• Posting Member
I meant I would like to have the surgery over and done with before they know. While I will never want people to know about me having this surgery, i realize my g/f will pretty much have to find out. The only thing is, if i tell them my plans to have the surgery, then they will say stuff like "you look fine" "you're crazy theres nothing wrong with you" "just work out" Then they will proceed to tell many others about my plans in hopes they will also try to dissuade me from having surgery. The main reason nobody notices my gyne, is that I hide it always, I have grown so accustomed to hiding it, it has become part of my life. Which i am sick of. I don't want to "hide" myself, or not wear certain shirts, or wear 3 shirts in summer and look stupid. I have had this since I was 12. I have never done drugs, steroids etc.. i do not deserve this, I do not believe this is the "body God gave me" as others do. I can not accept this condition as a part of who I am. I do not want F****ing boobs anymore D**N it !!!!   ok sorry ...man feels good to vent.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024