Author Topic: blood work with endocornoligst*  (Read 2526 times)

Offline rocknroll316

• Bronze Member
How much does it run to get blood test done at the endocornoligst? Does insurance cover it?

and also, when you go there, what kind of blood work do you tell them you want done?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 06:15:06 PM by rocknroll316 »

Offline rocknroll316

• Bronze Member
is that all they do? just check the blood? that all I want done, do they check anything else?

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
might check your balls

Offline rocknroll316

• Bronze Member
lol wasnt expecting an answer like that, but do they do anything else? like behind the ear symptom, knock of the knee, x rays, lungs... i have a reason for asking this. thanks guys!

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

Hi rocknroll316,

I can’t tell you how much it will cost you to see and Endo and for him, or her to perform tests, but I can give you an idea of what to expect when you get there.  This is my experience of seeing  2 Endocrinologists and an Andrologist..

Firstly you tell him you have Gyne and the Endo will decide what level of questions, tests and examinations he or she will run.

I have seen 3 such people and each did the following on me at the first consultation:

•   Take a general medical history.
•   Perform a general physical examination including, checking lungs, heart, blood pressure etc.
•   A physical examination of your testicles.  The Endo needs to make sure there aren’t any lumps, un-descended testicles etc.
•   Chest X-ray
•   Blood tests for:
•   Luteinizing Hormone
•   Follicle Stimulating Hormone
•   Prolactin
•   Testosterone
•   Oestradiol
•   Sex Hormone Binding Globulin
•   T3, T4, TSH (Tests checking thyroid function)
•   there maybe others, but the above is probably the minimum

As I said before these were the tests and examinations done at each of my first consultations.  Depending on the outcome of those tests and examinations, the Endo will decide what other tests or checks to run if he, or she, thinks necessary.  The whole thing is painless and (I found) not at all embarrassing.  Remember the Endo is there to help you sort out this problem so tell him everything he wants to know and don’t leave anything out.

Keep us posted as to how you get on.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline rocknroll316

• Bronze Member
Wow they do all that? I thought it was just blood work and your outa there in no time.

Offline rocknroll316

• Bronze Member
Do you know how much the co pay was? Also, how do I find one around my area? Im going to go get this done with out telling the parents. I havn't told my dad I have gynecomastia yet. Im going to loose 15 pounds and then tell him, so at the end of this month, hell know :-)

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
Hello, please help me. I am 24, very little $ and need this surgery badly. I have an HMO and want to know what would constitute as a qualified covered procedure?

My GP has given me a blood work slip, and she will add anything I want to it, so what should I add to it to rule out Horomonal problems, such as an endorcineologist would order in blood work?
Please list all blood tests, as this is being covered by insurance !!!
all blood work that would possibly lead to believe this is horomonal.. etc.
I know to test for testosterone, t3, t4, etc. what else?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024