Author Topic: Had Consult today....Surgery is Booked!  (Read 9011 times)

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
Hey guys! I just had my consultation with Fielding and it went really well. He pretty well answers all of your questions without you even asking them. I was really impressed with him, he is very personable. I am booked for surgery on Sept 13... which is 3 months away. I could have went in August but I have other things I must attend to. Sept is perfect for me. The cost for the Lipo + Exicision is 1200 for me. He said I have a minor case and wont require a whole lot of lipo. I am also getting my "Love handles" done at the same time which adds more to the price. Grand total is going to be $3200... I had to pay an extra 720 for the hospital fee due to the extra lipo on the love handles. In all I was really impressed. My apt was only suppose to be at 6pm 2night but they squeezed me in at 2:00pm.  I fly back to B.C 2morrow at 12:00 pm.

Fell free to ask me any questions you might have!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 12:49:30 PM by BCGUY »

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey congrats and good luck BCGUY...

i got my consultation with fielding today too... i think a lot of guys were there for that today... had an appointment at 5 but as they did with BCGUY and i went earlier cause my train was leaving at 6pm... they really try to accomodate everyone.

consultation is very quick (10 hours of train for 20-30 min conversation? i was kinda skeptical) but strangely enough, i was more than satisfied with the time i had... i couldnt have more questions for him (at least for the moment). he answered everything clearly and honestly (i think he did anyways)

my case was a bit more severe.. He says my areolas are very big and will be reduced with the excision going from 42 mm to less then 30 (how cool is that).. .you know like a normal MAN's chest... :)

in my case the cost are 2500$ for lipo and excision (being from Quebec excision is not covered... it is for all other provinces, so folks, if you get excision, you can claim it, as well as hospital costs, which Quebec does not cover once again)

its getting expensive for me... 2500 + hospital fee + GST + train for 2 + hotel for 2...  :-/

but its totally worth it because i am very confident that he'll do a good job.

my surgery is booked for august 9th  ;D cant wait to be done with all this. Fielding told me the surgery will make a huge improvement...

cant wait...
anyways good luck guys
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 02:08:11 PM by brebguy »
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline znilracd

• Posting Member
since both of you guys are out of town do you have to stay over night after the surgery?

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
yes you do have to stay at least one night... Fielding recommends two nights... at a nereby hotel just in case of hematoma which can be treated quickly...

surgery always takes place on wednesday... he says (to my surprise) that some people can even go to work on the next monday... so arrive for surgery on wednesday, leave on friday...early enough to hit the clubs friday night  ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 03:02:40 PM by brebguy »

Offline znilracd

• Posting Member
fielding only perfoms surgery on wednesdays?

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
well the assistant said something like... it has to be a wednesday... so i guess he only performs this surgery on wednesday... maybe because monday he does consultations and that you generally need two days to make sure you wont get hematoma after the surgery so he would not do it on thursday or friday... but then again, what do i know. all i can tell you is what he said  ;)

take care!

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
Ya, He only performs Gyne Surgeries on Wednesday. I will be staying at the hospital for one night and then going to a friends place and staying there for a few nights. I want to make sure that if I get a hematoma, I can get it looked after ASAP. I am looking forward to this, just think.... 3 more months and it will be gone! I am glad I have the extra money to get this done because this is really starting to affect my self-confidence. Although with the extra Lypo on the love handles makes the Surgery pretty pricey, its still cheap in comparason to other dr's fees.

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
i have an appointment with dr fielding for a consultation but its all the way in septemeber, then ill have to wait 1-2 months for the surgery, i wanted it sooner

Offline 3cheers

• Posting Member
Early Fall is the best time of year to have the surgery. Do you really want to wear a hot itchy tension wrap around you chest in the middle of summer - I did "YIKES"

Lator Skator

3cheers

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
Ya, Early fall will be when I get My surgery. This is the perfect time for me. I just can't wait until its over...... I have been looking forward to this for a long time. I will be finally able to wear the shirts that have been sitting in my closet that have never been worn! Summer 2007 should be a really good summer!

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Hey BC Guy,

Another BC guy getting surgery with Fielding. Mine's at the tail end of August.  I hope it's not too hot there then!  They got that humidity stuff back there - nasty!

It would be good to keep in touch with you and the other guys that are getting it around then...
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey BC Guy,

Another BC guy getting surgery with Fielding. Mine's at the tail end of August.  I hope it's not too hot there then!  They got that humidity stuff back there - nasty!

supaaman....

Sorry to say dude, but August (and September) 'can' be very hot and sticky in Toronto....    :o

John.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 06:29:44 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hi:

I had my consultation with Dr. JCF on 19th (same 5pm). He is a friendly guy. He explained almost everything before even I say any words. In my case, he is charging me $1800. And he says, my case is a more work as I do have big chest. He has to remove tissue almost a size of a cup from each side. He told me that it would take at least 9-12 months to be a normal condition (to take off my shirts). Only worry some part is skin. As I have big size, my skin may take time to re-adjust to the flatter chest.

He gave me August date but I think I will book somewhere in late November as I have to wear a belt for 3 weeks which I think difficult to hide just wearing a shirts. In winter, at least I have my sweater to hide the belt. So don’t mind waiting for another 5 months where I had 20 years wait time !!!

Also, as I am an Asian (dark skin), he says it will take time for scars to go away. That I am not worry about. Honestly, I am not that eager to take off my shirts. All I want is to wear a T-Shirts and normal shirts without any tricks.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
Congrats on your consultation! Ya, Fielding told me that scarring is more common on different races (blacks, Asians, hispanics, etc.) because of the pigmentation in the skin. I guess it makes it heal differently. But he says most people do not ever complain about the scarring around the nipple... he says he barely hears from his patients after the surgery is complete... and he says he likes it that way because it must mean they are satisfied.

Ya.... you must have a bit more to be taken out then I do, he quoted me for 1200 for the Gyne surgery itself. Which is a pretty good price I think.  I am booked for sept 13.............and I am counting down the Days.

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
Hi:

I had my consultation with Dr. JCF on 19th (same 5pm). He is a friendly guy. He explained almost everything before even I say any words. In my case, he is charging me $1800. And he says, my case is a more work as I do have big chest. He has to remove tissue almost a size of a cup from each side. He told me that it would take at least 9-12 months to be a normal condition (to take off my shirts). Only worry some part is skin. As I have big size, my skin may take time to re-adjust to the flatter chest.

He gave me August date but I think I will book somewhere in late November as I have to wear a belt for 3 weeks which I think difficult to hide just wearing a shirts. In winter, at least I have my sweater to hide the belt. So don’t mind waiting for another 5 months where I had 20 years wait time !!!

Also, as I am an Asian (dark skin), he says it will take time for scars to go away. That I am not worry about. Honestly, I am not that eager to take off my shirts. All I want is to wear a T-Shirts and normal shirts without any tricks.

1800 is alot, do you have pics??

everybody who got surgery or consultation with fielding, what was the price for you??
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 08:49:23 PM by bossman »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024