Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Karidis  (Read 3226 times)

Offline fraustolike

• Posting Member
hello
first i wud like to thank everyone on this forum for the info.This forum helped me in decision
of surgery and in selection of which surgeon & I think later is the most difficult part.
Had my surgery today.Checked in 7.30.Seen by Anasthetist at 8.00 and then By Dr. Karidis.Some
pictures taken and area marked.I went to theatre at 9.10.Left arm cannulated and while I having
chat with anaesthetist I went to sleep and when I started to get my conscious back I was in recovery
and time was 10.45.Probably procedure took 40-45 minutes and I was sleep for total 1 hour 30m min
approxuimately.
No pain felt bit sore.Given codeine and after some time soreness went away.Shifed to my room where nurses
checked Blood Pressure every 30 minutes and till 12.30 I was in & out of sleep.Got up had some soup,juice &
sandwich.Managed to keep things down no Nausea or Vomiting.Feeling stiff bc of compression vest but hopefully
get used to it.Moving like a robot.hahahahaha
At 3 pm another compression vest,painkillers,some bandages given and I left hospital at 3.30pm.Came
to hotel where i am staying and had food,light walk outisde and Now writing on this forum.
Ill keep posting,if any questions I am more than happy to answer.I may not be able to answer quickly but
ill.
Just praying that recovery goes on without any complication and then Ill be happy man.

Thanks
Bye

Offline Prolactinoma

• Posting Member
Hi congrats on getting it done - you must be chuffed to be on the other side.

How long did it take from consultation to operation?

Also how much did it cost?

I am going to get surgery done with Karidis as soon as my hormones normalise - I have a prolactinoma which caused moobs :(

Offline fraustolike

• Posting Member
hi prolactinoma.
surgery cost 4100 £. consultation to surgery time was 8 weeks.
i would say go n see Dr. Karidis and put Ur things in line so whenever
Ur hormones level get normal everything is already set.
good luck

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Hey great stuff mate! Good luck with the recovery. As I have said on here many times before, just take it easy and don't rush things too much. You may miss the summer this year but you will be fighting fit and ready for next.  ;)
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline whufcboy

• Posting Member
Nice one mate.  I hope your recovery goes well.  I'm two days post OP so you're not alone! 

Offline bagels

• Posting Member
hi prolactinoma.
surgery cost 4100 £. consultation to surgery time was 8 weeks.
i would say go n see Dr. Karidis and put Ur things in line so whenever
Ur hormones level get normal everything is already set.
good luck
good to hear it all worked out and looking forward to hearing the recovery and developments.concidering surgery myslef and karidis seems like the man for the job,havnt heard a bad word about him.
just wanted to know how do you control your hormones to get normal?

also, did you stay in the hotel for a few nights just incase of any problems?

well done again

Offline fraustolike

• Posting Member
Hi bagels
I was not suffering from any hormonal problem.Mine gynecomastia was Idiopathic which is a term when there is no cause and mostly it comes around your puberty and then sometimes it goes away and sometimes it doesn't and so was mine.You need to get in touch with Endocrinologist before surgery so that u can have best results.yes I stayed 2 nights in hotel in London just bc in case any post-op complication like hematoma if it occurs I can quickly get in touch with surgeon and get it sorted.
If u need anyother info dint hesitate to contact.
thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024