Author Topic: gyne and driving  (Read 3600 times)

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
hi,
i'm planning on getting surgery with Dr Benito. just wondering..how long after surgery do u think i can drive an AUTOMATIC car? (so no gear changes)
cheers

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
Hi, I had surgery on the Wednesday 13th with Dr. Benito and got back on the Saturday and I drove my manual car with no real problems. If anything I found it hurt to turn my head to look around rather than changing gear. You'll find your neck aches quite a lot after the surgery as they stick a tube down your throat when your knocked out and your head is tilted back during the surgery! I suppose it is down to the individual, what your healing/pain threshold is like etc though. You should be fine to drive an automatic, just don't turn your head too much!
It's quite weird when they take you down for the surgery, you're posted through a hatch on a conveyor belt type thing. I think that's when the reality of it all really kicked in for me and the nerves kicked in. They stick you in the recovery room just before surgery and inject you with valium or something like that, it really chills you out whatever it is, I wasn't bothered about much after that!

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
I had no problems driving after 1 week.

irish lad

thanks another case i really could of done with not hearing they stick a tube down ur troath lol! :D

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
I had the surgery on the 2nd April and had no idea they had stuck a tube down my throat. I must of been out of it big time, even after I woke up.
Surgery 2nd April with Dr. Benito.

irish lad

jim your lucky you'v had it done! iv yet to get it done :D

Offline doohdah

• Posting Member
I had my surgery with karidis on saturday,and i was driving today without problems.

irish lad

congradulations doohdah.. are you happy with your results so far? how are you feeling.. you should get your pictures up

Offline doohdah

• Posting Member
Thanks.I am very happy with the results so far, karidis knows his stuff. As far as pain goes i have had none,i am one very happy customer.Will post pics later.

irish lad

nice one good to hear..

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Didn't know you couldn't drive! I drove 2 days after the surgery back from the airport and had no problems at all.

Then drove to work all the next week again no problems.
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024