Author Topic: Post Surgery, swelling but no drains?  (Read 1915 times)

Offline dadz

• Posting Member
I talked to my surgeon about this earlier during my followup, but he insists that he doesn't want to use drain tubes. My right side is fine with the expected tenderness and soreness, but my left side is very swollen and is still leaking fluids out through the lipo incision. I'm wearing a compression vest and a binder and only remove them to shower, but I'm just wondering what the common practice is as far as using drains. It just seemed as though there was a LOT of excess fluid/blood that need to come out of here but he said the "best" way is to let the compression vest take care of it. Appreciate your info.

Offline dadz

• Posting Member
Alright so I showered and changed the dressings this morning and it really doesn't seem like the site is draining anymore and it looks as though the holes are closing up. My right side looks absolutely fine but my left is increasingly more bruised and looks larger than what it was in the first place and I know this is all a result of swelling. Should I simply insist that he inserts a drain or takes out the fluids with a syringe? From my searching, it doesn't seem like common practice to just let the patient experience swelling like this and fluid accumulation without attempting to drain. I'm not sure why the surgeon is so adamant about this. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024