Author Topic: My story after all these years/ update/02/03/18 back surgery yesterday  (Read 69083 times)

hammer

Today, March 1, 2012 I hit year number 14 that I've been on disability, and the first time that I ever had a mammogram! Oh man, did it make my boobs sore! My wife always hurt afters hers and now I understand why.

Around September of 2011 I had found a small lump in by right breast about the size of a pea. I called my doctor and he said to continue to watch it, but being the size that it is, he was not to concerned about it and that it may be just an infection. With finding this lump I started to research male breast cancer and male breast enlargement and that is what lead me to this forum. until this time I had no idea that there was a name for my large breast and that is was as common as it is. I did however, know that they were bigger do to the lost of the testicles and I had to live with that, as far as I knew.

I first had the mammogram on the right side and the good news was all clear, no cancer! The doctor decided that she wanted several more pictures of the left side from different angles. This was concerning at the least. She finally came in the room and did an exam, and explained that she was seeing something, but not cancer! She asked if there had been any trauma to the left breast at all, and I said no. My back has been bothering me more again and I really don't do much more then sit in my chair and sleep in my bed.

We then did a ultrasound of both breast, and discussed the results.
So what was suppose to be a 15 minute and a 25 minute exam turned into most of the morning and one hell of a new experience! I need to be rechecked in 6 months.

Oh ya, the doctor said that I have gynecomatia! She said, but you already know that don't you? I, said that I did.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Hi there Hammer!  Glad to hear things were o.k with your mammogram.  My wife gets them fairly often as well since breast cancer runs in her family.  But I see your still charging forward as always!   :D
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

hammer

That is the only direction to go my friend, otherwise we get nowhere!

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
Good deal there Hammer.  Glad the test came back negative. 

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
That is the only direction to go my friend, otherwise we get nowhere!

I don't know...I've had a few back steps in my day.....Usually had something to do with a few too many beers though (back in my younger days of course!)  ;D

hammer

Thanks for the well wishes guys!

As for having a few to many beers, most of us probably have been there, I know I did, once or twice at least! As we get older we get wiser, at least we should and learn not to over do it! I can count on one hand how many times I went overboard on the drinking, and 3 of them were while in the Navy and none while driving! I get to darn sick from it, so I learned not to do it!

I do have 2 to 3 shots of E & J Brandy on the rocks most nights as I watch evening TV before bed and really enjoy that! It is for medicinal purposes only you know.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I do have 2 to 3 shots of E & J Brandy on the rocks most nights as I watch evening TV before bed and really enjoy that! It is for medicinal purposes only you know.

LOL!  Is your doctor taking on any new patients?!  I like the way he prescribes medicine  ;D

hammer

Actually, he does on recommendations, but he is my endocrinologist and my primary. He has about 9 years on me and 2 kids still in collage so no plans to retire.

He does recommend a beer a night if you don't have a problem with dependency. He is more of a beer man, I have beer in the frig, and beer is OK, but I like the brandy straight , or a bloody mary, or any vodka drink. You know though, a beer sounds good right now! We finished grouting the new tile back splash in the kitchen, Debbie is vary happy, I am very sore, so it is time for something medicinal!

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
Hey Hammer Brother.  Try some vodka and V8 splash.  Any flavor.  Its great!  Also, the cranberry juice and vodka is good on a hot day.  I only have a taste on Saturday evenings listening to oldies on the radio.  Good Times.  Matter of fact, I'm having one right now.  Saturdays only, at home, the only way to go.  Have a goodun Yankee brother.

hammer

I like the oldies as well and the V8 will work with me, but I don't like cranberry juice or cranberry's at all! You could try that V8 and vodka with some good old country, my red neck southern brother! That is my main music.

You have a good one as well!
Your north country, red neck, white shirt, blue collar,(red white & blue all the way) God loving, Yankee bro,

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
My wife and I like rum and coke, but not sure what is best rum, trying different ones, nothing is exactly what we want.  Ideas?  :)

hammer

Ever try a creamy drink like a Irish cream, and White Russian are two that both Debbie and I like. Irish cream can be home made or bought in the bottle, white Russians are Vodka, Kahlua, and cream. Debbie makes home made Kahlua and will just have that with cream some times. She only has a drink once in a while, not much of a drinker at all.

I also like Black Russians, just don't put the cream in. As for the Rum, that and Scotch never did like either very much! I was always more a Vodka guy,the brandy was a once in a while kinda of thing.

With all this alcohol talk it may be hard to believe that I probably never spend much more then $100.00 a year on it, until this year when I started having the Brandy on the rocks most nights.

hammer

I am just sitting here pondering over life's problems and just thinking about how some people can post that they would rather have cancer instead of gynecomastia? Yes, I know that everyone will feel sorry for you if you have cancer, but going through any kind of cancer can be like going through hell.

I thank God that I have never had it, although a little bit of a scare with the lump on the breast that turned out OK. I however watched a few of my best friends that I spent endless hours hunting and fishing with, some family, some just friends, but still very close fade away in horrible pain and die from that terrible shit!

What got me thinking about this is a phone call to let me know that the cancer that came back to my Dad is not as bad as they first thought that it was! He will be 83 this summer and lives with a ton of pain. He has 5 disk out in his back and his back is full of arthritis, however we still did not want to see him ate up by cancer! He has had 4 back surgeries and can not have another so does pain management for the back. He will need to have his nose removed and should have 2 to 3 years with no problems with the cancer returning.

I met Debbie my wife just short of the second anniversary of her first husbands death. He died of esophagus cancer. They had been married for three years and had no children. By meeting me she needed to move on with her grieving, in doing so I learned a lot about cancer and grieving which also help use when my number two son from my first marriage was killed.

After the lost of my son Debbie got pregnant with our first daughter! We had been trying for some time with no luck, but shortly after what was some of the worse things you can go through, that is bury a child, we where going to be blessed with a new one! No child can ever replace another, but every child is a blessing from God!

I know that I get on my soap box once in a while, but the point that I am trying to make is, when you get feeling down, no matter why, think of the things that make you happy. There as sooooo many things in life that can be soooo much worse that what is going on right now! If it is gynecomatia, cancer is worse, losing a leg or arm is worse, even not being able to walk WELL is worse. I would take twice the size boobs I already have not to have to use that Hoveround power chair so much, and you may have seen my pictures, they are big enough already!

I wish all that read what I post the best of luck!

Bob aka Hammer
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:41:49 AM by hammer »

Offline burninsour7

Wow hammer..I've never met u but I have miles of respect for you and I always thought man I have the worse man boobs in the whole world and was so self conscious and man ill tell u I wuldnt have the guts to do half the things u do and I'm so sorry about the lost you've had in ur family I just had surgery 2day for my gyne and I'm feeling like I'm gettin more confidence in myself but I'm sure I won't ever be half the man u are so many things u been thru ur an insperation and there's lots of people in this world that jus prolly went thru 1 thing that has happend to you and they kill themselfs and u manage to hang on I can say ur the definition of what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and brother your on fuckin. Steriods lmaoo u shuld be called hammer hulk

hammer

WOW! I want to thank you for the compliment, but God only give you what you can handle you know! I always trust that faith and family will get me through anything, and when I say family that also include friends.

I would also like to say congrats on you getting your surgery done!

Once again thank you!

Bob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024