Author Topic: Vancouver members?  (Read 8605 times)

Offline outdoor_guy

• Posting Member
I have just found this site and wish to find out if there are any members in the Vancouver area. Looking to have surgery but money, or lack of, is the only barrier to my goal.

Hope to have some good conversations through this discussion forum.

Offline makk

I have just found this site and wish to find out if there are any members in the Vancouver area. Looking to have surgery but money, or lack of, is the only barrier to my goal.

Hope to have some good conversations through this discussion forum.

im from vancouver......19 + school, therefore.... got no cash..... and my question from anyone arond here is what role dose medicare play in this if any.... cause im only looking for excision (i know they wouldn't help you with any fat related problems)..... And are there any other factors that may play a role in me getting rid of this easier.... like ive heard of people in ONT having some insurance..OHIP help them out??? whats that + is there anything around here like that?

Thanks for any help..,

Offline brooder

• Posting Member
BC MSP does cover the excision.

Offline neverswam

• Posting Member
  • new man
from my research i found that best results are achieved when excision is combined with liposuction.  in my case excision alone would have left craters with the fat buildup i had on my chest.  UAL helped to countour my chest after the breast tissue was removed.  unfortunately, liposuction is considered a cosmetic procedure in BC and is not covered by MSP.  it does, however, in combination with excision give many the best results.

as for price, the surgeons i saw quoted between 4 and 5K for excision and liposuction.  prices varied based upon type of procedure used, private/public facility, reputation/credentials of doc, etc.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 05:12:59 AM by neverswam »
UAL and excision Aug. 2003

Offline brooder

• Posting Member
I'm paying 1k for the lipo, and the excision will be free. It's being done at the local hospital.

Offline curious1

I'm in the same situation and trying to find a surgeon in Vancouver.  I'm only a student, so financing is an issue.  How were you guys able to find surgeons and make appointments?  Are there consultation fees?  How much will MSP cover?

Offline Jeff123

• Silver Member
  • Ohhh yeah
<<<From Vancouver. How hard is it for a 19 year old to get coverage for this sort of thing fellas?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 11:49:55 AM by Jeff123 »
asymetrical gyne is a bitch.

Offline mission09

• Posting Member
I'm paying 1k for the lipo, and the excision will be free. It's being done at the local hospital.

where is this being done and by who?

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
I'm from Vancouver, I'm flying to Toronto in ten days for my consultation with Fielding. I couldn't find any cheap/experienced surgeons on this side of the country. THat is why I'm going to Fielding, he is one of the best in the world, and the cheapest.

You should really find out who the surgeon that will be working on you is and what their experience is.

Offline ByeBye

• Posting Member
Exactly. I dont know if Fielding is the best (just because I don't know the others) but all I can say is that I am 5 days post-op and he did an AMAZING job on me.

I would recommend him WITHOUT any hesitation.

You won't regret it !

Enjoy the process !

Offline jskb

• Posting Member
  • Will people like me?
Check out Dr. Brown from Richmond, he worked out good for me.  My surgery is in 10 days and it's all covered.

Offline mission09

• Posting Member
does he have a web site.  how old are u and how did u get it all covered.

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
All covered? Wow, I'd like to hear more about this guy.

Offline There_Is_Hope

• Bronze Member
If you guys have a severe case, I suggest you check out the Fairview Plastic Surgery Clinic on Broadway...

www.fairviewplasticsurgery.com

I had a severe case, and they did the operation for free, and they ALSO did lipo for free. I honestly lucked out with that one. The operation was done at the cleanest hospital in BC- the UBC hospital. I'm about 5 weeks post op and I couldn't be happier. The doctor told me it wouldn't be perfect but I think it is.

krysx24

DR. Brown's number is 604-273-6449.
I spoke with the receptionist and she claims that
MSP will cover excursion for teenage boys only.
The flat rate is $3270(inclusive) + $50 for the vest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024