Author Topic: Questions  (Read 2565 times)

Offline E-town08

Hey all. I am hoping someone in here can help me with a few questions I have.

I am booked into surgery with Dr Haugrud on June 10th and am very excited.
During my consult I asked about the compression vest as I had read about it in here and he said I did not need to worry about it but that I could wear a tensor bandage if I felt more comfortable. I have mostly puffy nipples with a small amount of gyno.

Now after reading some posts in here I am starting to wonder if I shouldnt go with the vest regardless of what he says "just in case".

So with that I am looking to get some input from others in here that have experience with Haugrud and/or vests, tensor bandages etc.

What does the vest actually do?
Where can I get one in Edmonton?
How do I size it?
How long should I wear it?
Will a tensor get the job done?
What happens if I dont wear anything at all as he initially suggested?
Is the vest really visible under a t-shirt?

Like most in here I just want the surgery to go off without a hitch and be able to feel normal again so any information or experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
So with that I am looking to get some input from others in here that have experience with Haugrud and/or vests, tensor bandages etc...

What does the vest actually do?  Reduces swelling and holds healing flesh together.
Where can I get one in Edmonton? Don't know.
How do I size it? One size smaller.
How long should I wear it? 3 weeks.... give or take.
Will a tensor get the job done? Yes, but PITA to put on. U will need a helper.
What happens if I dont wear anything at all as he initially suggested? Nothing.
Is the vest really visible under a t-shirt? I would have to say yes.

Do you require much lipo work to be done?

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
i would highly recommend a vest. i only used a tensor, it worked temporarily, and wasnt too bad to wrap around me (at the beginning i had someone else help me). but, i think the vest would have worked alot better.

i had my surgery with haugrud too. he said the same to me. i would get the vest to be safe, and keep it on long as long as you can. 4 weeks or more.

i have alot of scar tissue build up after 3 months. i actually just saw him today and he injected cortisone into it. said it would take about a month to break everything down, and to go back in two months if i need more. the scar tissue is annoying.

good luck with the surgery! hes great, and actually wants to help out from my experience.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024