Author Topic: Its over 24 hour post-op  (Read 7413 times)

Offline bugsy_toronto

• Posting Member
  • No More moobs!!
I would first like to thank everyone on this board for there advice, and helping me get through this surgury.

Well I arrived yesterday morning at 6:50am to register myself for the 9:30am surgury.  Once registered, I was handed a bag with a few aprons to wear....which were 2 sizes too small....LOL, so my moobs were even more visable....  By the time I was changed and registered it was only 7:15am, Bambu was right in mentioning, why is there such a long gap between registration and surgury....

Waited, waited and waited...watched Breakfast television, and than finally the call was made by the anestheologist   :-/...I tell ya, I have never been so nervous in my entire life.  The nurse took my belongings and put them into a locker.

Once outside the surgical room, we chatted, he was so cool, and I felt very relaxed and he helped me focus at the task at hand.  A few short minutes later, Dr. Fielding arrives and greets me with a smile and says how you feeling? In seeing him, all my tension went away  ;)

I get inside the surgical room, and he sits me down on the bed, takes a pic, draws some lines, ask me if that looks good, once confirmed, I lay down and within a matter of 3 minutes, I was out like a lamp....what euphoria :)

A hour and half later I wake up in the waiting area, all groggy, I was quite sore after the surgury and was given some pain killers. I was sent home around 2pm.

Just woke up 24 hours later, and I am able to sit at my desk and type, I am sore, but nothing that the pain killers won't help with. Feeling great, kinda swollen, but looking great in my shirt.....NO MORE MOOBS!!!  ::)

I will post some pics in a few days...take care everyone!

Offline T.O_Gyno

• Posting Member
Good to hear that everything went well! I have my first appointment with Dr Fielding Monday, November 28. Glad to hear that you are satisfied and not feeling too bad.

Please keep us posted on your recovery process.  

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
NO MORE MOOBS!!!  ::)

Awesome Dude!

Congrats!!!

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline bugsy_toronto

• Posting Member
  • No More moobs!!
Hi Everyone,

It has been 2 days since surgury, and to be honest the pain has decipated. I am able to walk around, put my hands over my head, and just do normal day to day stuff.

The only thing thats bugging me is this tensor, I bought a compression vest from Nike, which I would like to wear, but am afraid to take off the hospital tensor. Can I take off the hospital tensor, leave the padding there, and pull on the compression vest over the hosptial padding? Or should I wait until my post op appointment with Fielding on Tuesday before even touching the hospital tensor?

Boy do these puppies really itch!! I want to take pictures badly, but do not wanna remove the tensor or the bandaging....any suggestions from some of the gurus on this board would be appreciated!! Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 09:00:49 AM by bugsy_toronto »

Offline Tim_

• Posting Member
hey bugsy,

its been slightly more than 2 days for me as well. i was in a lot of pain the first night so i ended up staying over at St. Joes, but its gotten somewhat better, now i can sit up in bed without needing the strength and will of goliath, and yeah the tensor they put on is itching a bit, but not too badly. when i asked Fielding during the pre-op appointment he said i could bring a compression vest with me and they would put it on me after the operation.. but when Fielding finally retrieved me from the waiting area i decided to wait until after the operation to see which i preferred. since then ive decided not to put on my vest and leave the tensor on, especially this late after the surgery, for a couple of reasons.. one, i simply don't want to mess with it by taking the tensor off, i'd rather just let the whole area be until i see Fielding again on tuesday; secondly, im not in serious pain anymore but trying to put on a really tight garment by myself seems like more trouble and pain than its worth what with all the arm maneuvering and contorting  (if you have someone to help you then i guess this wouldn't matter to you) and thirdly, sometimes when im lying there it gets hot, and with the vest which covers my whole torso i'd be sweating like a pig. I think after the post-op with Fielding on tuesday i'll try out the vest to wear from that point on until im healed...but for now im not touching this thing.
If its really bothering you though consider taking it off and putting on your vest.

Offline bugsy_toronto

• Posting Member
  • No More moobs!!
Hey Tim,

Thanks for the advice, and your correct its not worth the hassle of removing it and putting on a new tensor so late in the game....so what time was your surgury...you were probably lying next to me in the same room after the surgury was complete....I think there were 3 of us side by side the morning of....

I was the first guy to get up and leave...or better yet the hospital kicked me out...LOL.

Offline Tim_

• Posting Member
well i was a little ticked off because they wanted us to call the day prior to find out the surgery times and Fielding's receptionist who i otherwise had no problems with told me mine was at 11:30, so knowing they wanted me there 2 1/2 hours before, i showed up and registered well before 9 - but as i eventually found out it was actually for 2 pm and so i guess she did the math for me assuming i would somehow forget that instruction to show up 2 1/2 hours beforehand, instead of simply reminding me on the phone - but other than the lost sleep it turned out in my favour because i was planning on cabbing it home by myself the next day and the time screw-up gave me a good excuse to stay overnight.
my right side started 'draining' a lot a couple hours later and i was gettin a bit nervous about it. but the nurses there were all terrific and put me at ease explaining it was normal... also the pain was so bad even with the tylenol 3's i dont think i couldve crawled in and out of a car much less stand up. By yesterday morning after some rubbery hospital french toast i was able to muster up enough strength to make the journey home.

so i doubt i was one of the guys next to you in the recovery room but we were probably in the waiting area at the same time for an hour or so. there were barely any seats after i changed so i had to sit right next to the tv and listen to the maury povich show :-/

did they really kick you out? they did seem a little dictatorish in the surgery recovery area. i stupidly left a fake phone number as my pick-up because it said on the form they could cancel my surgery if i didn't have someone pick me up. well sure enough one of the nurses almost called it (!!) so i told her my friend would be at my home # instead because i had told him to wait at my place until i phoned him (bullsh*t) - so she phoned my home # and left a message (phew!) and when she hung up still unsatisfied i had to use the whole surgery time mix-up thing and how my ride didnt know i would be so late and had to go to work, etc, which she bought, and grudgingly let me stay   :D

good luck with recovery and healing and enjoy your down time

Offline Grandpa Bambu

There were barely any seats after i changed so i had to sit right next to the tv and listen to the maury povich show :-/

Yeah, it gets purdy lonely in the pre-op ward huh? When I was waiting in the pre-op ward, there was this girl waiting for her surgery (don't know what it was, didn't ask...) and she looked so scared. I felt so bad for her :-/. She was so pi$$ed that her BF didn't have the decency to be with her before her surgery.

John.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 11:04:34 PM by Bambu »

Offline bugsy_toronto

• Posting Member
  • No More moobs!!
Hi Everyone,

Well its been 4 days post op, and doing much better. I am off the pain meds...don't have a need for them. What I do notice now, is that when I lie down for a few hours, and sit up right, I can hear a "swishy" noise...like liquid is moving inside my chest....very odd....and I can feel a the warmth of some liquid coming out the sides of my chest.  The pads are itching like crazy, and the pressure of the tensors is getting to me around my chest, want to loosen them, but afraid might do more damage than good.

Any suggestions on that? other than that, was able to go out today to drop off a friend at the airport, but was only able to stand for about 20 minutes before feeling tired.

Able to put on t-shirts, and arm and hand movements have come back to normal....

Only thing I am suffering from is not being able to sleep, don't know if its surgury related, but I hit the sack around 10pm, and I am usually up by 12am...very odd.

Anyways thats the scoop for today.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Hi Everyone,

Well its been 4 days post op, and doing much better. I am off the pain meds...don't have a need for them. What I do notice now, is that when I lie down for a few hours, and sit up right, I can hear a "swishy" noise...like liquid is moving inside my chest....very odd....and I can feel a the warmth of some liquid coming out the sides of my chest.  The pads are itching like crazy, and the pressure of the tensors is getting to me around my chest, want to loosen them, but afraid might do more damage than good.

bugsy....

Yeah, I had the 'swishies' also. Feels and sounds weird huh? It wont last long tho Dude.

If the tensor/pads are driving you crazy, take them off for a little while. You wont hurt anything. I took mine off on day 2 post-op. Couldn't handle the itchies....   :o

John.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 04:23:44 PM by Bambu »

Offline bugsy_toronto

• Posting Member
  • No More moobs!!
Hi Guys,

Its been 5 days post op and im back to normal sorta...a little sore around my nipples, but the padding is still there.

John, I called Fieldings office today and asked if i could remove my tensor, and she outright said no  :-/...gave me hell for even asking, lol. So I've been stuck with this darn tensor, itching and all...heck this tensor really stinks from the blood left over surgury last week....

Nonetheless, seeing fielding tommorow at St. Joes, and having the padding removed.

Thats my story for today. I have been officially off the meds since Saturday  ;D

Update everyone in a few days. Take care.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

John, I called Fieldings office today and asked if i could remove my tensor, and she outright said no  :-/...gave me hell for even asking, lol.

Guess ya gotta do as the Doc tells ya....   ;)

However, I really don't think that you'd hurt anything by removing the tensor and pads for a few hours to give yourself a bit of a break....  But then, I'm not a doctor.... What do I know huh?   ;)

John.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 09:56:45 PM by Bambu »

Offline KingCobra

• Bronze Member
  • La La La La Sing a Happy Song!
Hey Bugsy at least you didn't have to wear the damn tensor at the end of June when it was 34C my man.  I was quite literally in agony.  Hell, I took the pain killers to ease the itching not the pain (as there was none).

Offline bugsy_toronto

• Posting Member
  • No More moobs!!
Holy f***kin shit.....I went to see Fielding for my followup, and he removed the bandaging.....Dude without warning, he just ripped those pads off...felt like waxing my entire chest!!!  :o   LOL

But you know what....I have no boobs!! My wife was in the room with me, when he removed them, and her jaw just dropped!! She was in total shock. I am in disbelief that Fielding just preformed a miracle. I have no more fat around my chest, entirely flat, and no fat around the sides under my arm pits.

I will get pics soon, but to give you some thought on my physique I am 29, 5'10,  210ibs....kinda overweight for sure, and my breasts were bigger than Bambus, no offence John ;)

But I look great in a tight fitting shirt, I just cant wait to try on my dress shirts for work..... ::)

I got myself re-wrapped with 1 tensor and am able to shower now, and  I have to remove the stiches in 1 week. The pain from the padding removal has totally disappated now.  I am on cloud 9 right now with the results :)  

Look out Hawaii....this beast from the North is coming to invade!! HAHAHAHA....

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
and no fat around the sides under my arm pits.

Must be nice...
He left all of my fat under my arms on the sides....
I am working out like a bastard to try and get rid of it....
 :-/

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024