Author Topic: Its over 24 hour post-op  (Read 7556 times)

Offline Tim_

• Posting Member
hey bugsy

do you still wear your tensor 24-7 ?

i forgot to ask him but i think i might stop sleeping with it on after about 4 more days

Offline bugsy_toronto

• Posting Member
  • No More moobs!!
Hey Tim,

Fielding told me to wear it for another 2 weeks.... :'(  I honestly can't sleep with it tonight, I tried to sleep at 10pm, and its 12am. The tensor is itching so so much, I can't take it....I'm probably going to take it off for a bit, right now.

I am wearing it still 24/7.

Offline KingCobra

• Bronze Member
  • La La La La Sing a Happy Song!
Bugsy wear a thin T-shirt and put the tensor over it.  That should alleviate most of the itching.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
What about getting a nike compression vest, would that provide as much compression as the tensor? if not, wear the tensor over the vest.

Offline bugsy_toronto

• Posting Member
  • No More moobs!!
Hey Achilles,

I have a nike compression vest, and its snug..are you suggesting that I just wear the nike vest and leave the tensor out? WHen I told Fielding about the vest, he liked it alot, and asked me how much did it cost.

You know he rushed me so quick on the 2nd visit that I forgot to ask him weather to wear the nike vest and have the tensor wrapped around it...hmmm.... ???

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
I haven't had the op yet, but if the vest provides the same kind of compression as the tensor then I don't see why it would be a problem.  There's a few people on here who have put the tensor over a vest, that shouldn't be a problem and would likely help a lot with the itching.  Maybe call Fielding and ask him over the phone.

Offline bugsy_toronto

• Posting Member
  • No More moobs!!
Here ya go boys!! I tried to take many shots before my op, and I only took a few after my op. I will constantly update my pics on a bi-weekly basis.

I would like to get everyones opinions on it...gonna hit the gym in a few weeks to lose 20-30 ibs.... :P

http://photos.yahoo.com/saynotogene
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 03:50:40 PM by bugsy_toronto »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Looking good bugsy.....

Awesome results!

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline KingCobra

• Bronze Member
  • La La La La Sing a Happy Song!
You look great Bugsy!  Your chest looks natural and proportional to the rest of your body.  Hit the gym, lose a few pounds and you'll look and feel great too!

Offline bugsy_toronto

• Posting Member
  • No More moobs!!
Well guys, I will be cutting my stiches in a few days, as per Fieldings request. The tensor is hard to wear...its kills to wear it!

Another thing I noticed is that around my chest area, it feels numb, the area that was lipoed, is this normal? Also my nipples are very very senstive.... :-[

I checked around the site, but did not notice anyone reporting any of the above problems...any thoughts or suggestions?

So far I am feeling great nonetheless. Went out to do laundry in a t-shirt and felt great, knowing that my chest if flat.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Offline nms

• Bronze Member
Well guys, I will be cutting my stiches in a few days, as per Fieldings request. The tensor is hard to wear...its kills to wear it!

Another thing I noticed is that around my chest area, it feels numb, the area that was lipoed, is this normal? Also my nipples are very very senstive.... :-[

I checked around the site, but did not notice anyone reporting any of the above problems...any thoughts or suggestions?

So far I am feeling great nonetheless. Went out to do laundry in a t-shirt and felt great, knowing that my chest if flat.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Great to hear your results bro! I have an appt with him on the 19th.. Going to try and have surgery booked for my reading week! Sounds like you'd recommend him eh!

Offline faust

• Posting Member
bugsy -- altered sensation/numbness is fairly common following surgery.  I am still experiencing some of this now at 7 months post op, though it seems to still be improving.  During the first month my entire chest felt odd, almost like it was numb and hyper-sensitive at the same time...hard to explain.  Now only a small area around the nipple seems to feel different.  Give it time, I wouldn't consider anything final until a year from now and I am almost positive that this will improve rapidly.

Offline bugsy_toronto

• Posting Member
  • No More moobs!!
Well its been 19 days and I am back to my normal self. But something looks weird...it seems my Gyne is coming back!!  ???

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is this normal?? I am still trying to lose weight....but im getting a tad bit worried. Maybe it needs more time to heal.

Hope all is well with everyone.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024