Author Topic: Finally had surgery  (Read 4206 times)

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
First of all....sorry for the late post. I had my surgery on 24th october in Sagar apollo hospital under Dr.M.S Venkatesh.
I will just give a rough summary of what happened.

My case was minor, i would give it a 3/10, but was always very self-conscious, would never step outside my home without a underworks 997 compression vest.

So one day i saw Dr.Venkatesh's website and also came across a gynecomastia video which had a testimonial of two persons, so i thought i would consult him. Dr was very cool and friendly answered all my questions. After feeling confident about his abilities, i fixed the date of the surgery. He said the incisions would be made at the side of the areola not below(3 to 9 clockwise). He uses PAL to suck out the fat and then excise the gland. I have to wear the vest for 6 weeks. The drains would be used only for one day. Doc quoted 40-42k for general ward, 4k extra for semi-private ward.
I had to leave my house on wed 11:30 am and would come back home on thursday 9pm. So i decided to tell my parents that i am going on a short trip to Mysore with my friends, they said ok. Till now nobody knows i had surgery, not even my friends.

I deposited 48k and got admitted to a semi-private ward at 12pm wednesday. The surgery time was 4.30pm. Next a guy would come and shave my chest and underarms...but he began to shave my abdomen area too, this irritated me but the sister asked him to do it, so i let him do his thing. They checked my BP, gave me as many as 6 injections. At 4pm, i had to get completely naked and wear a blue gown. Next i had to lie down on a stretcher and they would wheel me to the operation theatre. The doc was there with his camera and he took some pics. Again i showed the doc whereall the gland was, so that he would not miss anything. He said we will make the chest as flat as possible.

After the surgery, i saw both the fat and glands. There were lots of glands, both big and small pieces,  i was damn sure everything was taken out, doc said 95% gland was excised. Fat was very less, i think 100cc was taken out. I had drains and the throat was sour. But movement was very difficult, could not even sit on my own. I was taken to my room, and was left all alone.

Fastforward to next evening. Not even a single drop of blood had filled the drain can. Anyway doc said he would use drians only for one day, so he came in at 7:30pm on thursday and removed it, it was not painful at all. He gave me instructions not to life weight, don't smoke and don't eat spicy food. So i got discharged and came home. The huge gauze compression pad taped around my chest was not easy to hide for 5 days.

After 5 days the compression pads were removed and my chest was kind of flat. The left one had an excellent improvement, right side had a good improvement. The areola looked weird with all those stitches and all. Next i put on my underworks 990 compression vest bought from www.underworks.com/990.html specifically designed for post-op. I had ordered a couple of them a week b4 the surgery. Anyway dr had said i have to buy vest seperately and gave a number of this vest maker, he quoted 2k, so i ordered it online....

Around the 7th day, a huge disc-shaped hard scar tissue had formed on both the breasts behind the areola, also there were lumps near the drain hole area. thought i would ask doc on stitches removal day. so was kinda cool reading the boards and all.

My stitches were removed 12days post-op. The left areola stitch removal was a slight mess...i lost a tiny areola skin in the process, doc said don't worry areola skin will reform by pigmentation, but it still looks like shit atm. My right side still has the suture, but will fall off in a few days. I think it will take one more month for the areola's to get back to its original normal look.
I showed the disc shaped scar tissue and the lumps that had formed to doc, he said its normal and it takes anywhere b/w 3 to 6 months for it to melt. So like many in this forum, i really have to wait for 6 months to see my real results.

The disc shaped scar tissue is very hard, sore when touched, is 3 inches in height and 4 inches in width. It is really making my chest to puff out. I only want to wear the type of cloths i want without feeling self-conscious, without being insecure and without trying to hide those moobs. I am ready to wait for 6 months for a near flat chest.

My next consultation will be at exactly 1 month post-op. will have to enquire abt massage creams to heal as soon as possible from this scar tissue.

The total surgery cost for a semi-private ward was Rs46.5k.
I have my uploaded my pics http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee57/problemman/

knekil

Thanks problem man for your post......! very informative  :)
i checked ur pics n i could see only 2 post op pics ,so i couldn't make out the difference much.
keep posting  with the latest updates

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
knekil, i have uploaded 8 pre-op and 18 post-op pics. There are two pages full of pics or you can choose to view all on a single page.

Offline maddy

• Posting Member
NEVER EVER GO TO DR VENKATESH cosmeticsurgerybangaloreindia.com/Gynecomastia
he is a big thug in Dr cloths... he fooled me and just did liposuction and after 3 days of surgery when he removed the cover i found that he did not cut my aerola i asked him did u removed my glands he said yes through small incision which he did for liposuction   
he is biggest liar

Offline Frustrated Patient

• Posting Member
Hi All/Maddy,
How I wish I had read this review before i approached Dr M S Venkatesh.
I also did a big mistake of approaching Dr M S Venkatesh for a surgery. 
Please find my feedback below and request you all to dont repeat the same
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=31322.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024