Author Topic: Just had surgery 2 days ago  (Read 1971 times)

Offline greatdane

• Posting Member
I finally went through with it and had my operation. For those who are thinking about it I can say it wasn't that bad as I walked out of the hospital hours later feeling completely ok, just a little sore. You'll find the compression vest to be a bit of a pain but I've had no itching and after about the first day the pain really started to go away. My chest of course is still sore to touch but I inspected it today and I was surprised the bruising was fairly minimal. I had puffy nipples so the surgery consisted mostly of removing the gland and a little bit of lipo as my case would of been considered fairly mild. I'll update everyone on my results as the days go by. If anyone's asking, the surgeon was Dr Fielding in Toronto and the cost to me was about $1900 CDN

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Congratulations on your surgery! Please keep us updated as to your progress. I too have puffy nips as well as a small amount of fat so I for one would be interested to hear of your recovery as I am hopefully going under the knife in May. Good luck.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline greatdane

• Posting Member
I think what you're going to find as the most annoying thing is wearing this vest for 3 weeks. For the first week there's an underpadding and then it's just the vest alone. I've been wearing a lot of loose clothes and jackets so I wouldn't bring on suspicion from friends and co-workers but so far no one has said anything. At this point I'm sleeping good and have good mobility so don't be too afraid of having the surgery, just patient.

Offline greatdane

• Posting Member
I went to the doctor to have the pads taken off yesterday and he seemed quite happy with the results meanwhile assuring me that what you see isn't the finished product. He did a good job and my chest is as flat as could be expected. Once the bruising goes away and the chest has time to heal it should be a very natural looking chest. I was under the impression that it would be mostly gland removal involved but he told me it was mostly glandular fat. So anyone going for surgery should make sure they do both gland and lipo. I'm not a fat guy and have had body fat levels of about 8% but that fat never went away regardless how lean i got.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024