Author Topic: My First Bra  (Read 14212 times)

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
There have been a few days I’ve thought they are getting too big. I’ve wanted to get back on an estrogen blocker. I’m starting to like them fuller and more round though. I can tell a difference over the past 6 weeks. I wonder if they’ll take on more of the shape they had before surgery.

aboywithgirls

Ben, I am soooooooo happy that you are enjoying your natural body shape 🤗❤️🤗❤️🤗

Like others here, including myself, have realized that our breasts are just that, OUR BREASTS. As long as ther is no medical reason to have them removed,  surgery will incur pain, suffering, recovery and cost that is unnecessary.

Wearing a bra is definitely not the worst thing that can happen to us. I've worn a bra every day for the last 30+ years. Of course, as a woman, I'm expected to wear a bra. Even before I transitioned, I wore a bra because I wanted to keep and have my breasts. I hope that your peace and acceptance of your breasts continue and you embrace and love your body as your journey continues.

your sister,
Sophie ❤️

Offline blad

Wearing a bra turns out to be no big deal and it just works to comfortably manage breasts.

You usually forget you are even wearing one after a while and you can get on with life.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
I don’t wear a bra to work so it’s only on the weekend that I wear one all day. It’s felt good to have one on all day today.

Offline SideSet

Why not be comfortable at work, too?

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Some days I feel like wearing one to work. I’m wearing them more and more. I’ve started to like sports bras more even though I hated them at first.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Last weekend I went on a trip and shared a dorm with 3 roommates for a couple nights. The lights were off and two of them came in. I guess they didn’t realize they woke me up because I heard them whispering. One guy said “that guy needs to wear a bra. Look how his boobs touch when he’s laying on his side”. They were snickering. I left early before they got up and thankfully I won’t see them again. I was a little embarrassed. I should have worn a shirt since I was staying with other folks. I suspect they would also have something to say about men wearing bras. I also had an experience at the airport. I was sitting down and a group of older guys were standing around. They kept looking up from their phones and staring at me and grinning. They kept smirking at each other. I never figured out why but it was weird and definitely directed at me. Now I’m really getting self conscious.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Last weekend I went on a trip and shared a dorm with 3 roommates for a couple nights. The lights were off and two of them came in. I guess they didn’t realize they woke me up because I heard them whispering. One guy said “that guy needs to wear a bra. Look how his boobs touch when he’s laying on his side”. They were snickering. I left early before they got up and thankfully I won’t see them again. I was a little embarrassed. I should have worn a shirt since I was staying with other folks. I suspect they would also have something to say about men wearing bras. I also had an experience at the airport. I was sitting down and a group of older guys were standing around. They kept looking up from their phones and staring at me and grinning. They kept smirking at each other. I never figured out why but it was weird and definitely directed at me. Now I’m really getting self conscious.
It's pretty obvious that the guys in both situations were just ignorant and were acting like dickheads.

It's easy to offer what might appear to be glib advice from behind a keyboard without experiencing the pressure of the situations that you found yourself in, but is it in your nature to fight back? I don't mean physically fight, but in the case of your experience at the airport, maybe take a pic of THEM and if they question you, tell them that you will post it at ignoramus.com (I just made that up ;) ). They're not going to punch you up in front of hundreds of other people.

I'm certainly not advising you to become aggressive or to get in peoples faces, and I can imagine that as time goes on you will care less and less about what people think anyway, but in the meantime you need to remind yourself that YOU are more in tune with what you are going through than they are. If they snicker or smirk, that's their problem.

Stay strong, Ben. :)

Offline SideSet

You are becoming quite busty 😘

Orb

I'm sorry you had to go through that.  I'm not going to sugar coat it.  People are ignorant self absorbed and just plain fools.  I have my days of self doubt.  I just made mention of it on the other thread.  Even for me it comes and goes.  That being said, I'm human.  For the most part it is their problem.  We do feel embarrassment at times but I remind myself I will not accept that feeling imposed by them.  My body, my life.  I know who I am, who I love and in spite of it all, that includes them.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Thanks guys. I don’t let things like that get to me much. I wasn’t worried because I won’t see any of them again. It did catch me off guard both times. I actually brought a sports bra to discretely wear during the trip but didn’t have it on at the airport because I didn’t want to get stopped at the screening. It was also rainy and I didn’t want to get wet with a bra on, and other reasons. I ended up deciding it was best not to wear it while out of town this time. It feels good to come home and put it on and have some support though. 

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
While those of us who 'accept' our gynecomastia have come to terms with the condition, and the varied ways we deal with it, it's well to remember that most people aren't aware of it, and to keep in mind that the biological norm is that women' breasts develop - not men's.  If someone notices and reacts the way you experienced, Ben, it could be that they're jerks.  It could also be that they simply never encountered it before, and their reaction could be from surprise.  And their own nervousness at encountering what they see because it is strange to them.

We can't force others to react to our gynecomastia in ways we would like.  I can't help not liking seeing women with beards.  If someone can't help not being comfortable or liking me with developed breasts, so what?  As others have pointed out, ultimately how we deal with it is our business - and I won't live my life in fearful reaction to others reaction to my breasts.

Dudewithboobs

Yeah sorry you had to deal with that. People are jerks and ignorant and sadly men often like to poke fun at others rather than empathize. I’ve learned to try and have fun with it. It’s easy to be self conscious. Especially when laying on your side. Don’t let it get to you. If on a trip by yourself who cares what people you’ll never see again may think. I definitely get the airport issue. Last thing I’d want is pulled aside cause a scanner saw I was wearing a bra and believe I was smuggling something. But I feel they would see the bra and see anatomy filling it and no foreign object and just say get your stuff and scan the next one. In that bra your breasts definitely look fuller. Have you gained any weight that’s promoting that or have things just accelerated.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Picking up on what Moobzie said, yes, putting yourself in the shoes of an ignorant person not faced with that before, how would one expect them to react? I accept that side of the argument.

It still doesn't excuse them though. Referencing the 'Me Too' movement as an example, if a male boss never had a pretty or voluptuous female secretary before, should he be allowed to pass judgement on her based on her physical attributes? Why should it be any different for men judging other men for casually seeing something unusual that takes their attention?

I long for the day when the guy wearing the sunglasses in this pic is considered not to be abnormal!:
avalanches subways man with boobs - Bing images  (youtube the avalanches subways for full clip)

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
I didn’t feel threatened at all. Just scrutinized. Not going to worry about it anymore.
No actually lost a little weight. I know I’m a little chubby and thought it was just extra fat until I got my estrogen level results. I’ve had hormone issues most of my life. Had to discontinue estrogen blocker over a year ago. Still take testosterone but seem to be growing breasts again anyway.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024