Author Topic: Only 3 weeks recovery?  (Read 2237 times)

Offline itsgonnahappen

• Posting Member
Ok well I just had surgery with Dr.Fielding and when i went back 3 days later to check up on everything he told me in 3 weeks act like everything to do with the surgery is over.  Meaning you can work out (light at first) and take off the vest.  But then some people here I hear are wearing the vest for up to 6 weeks?! I understand about working out later because of course its all in how you feel by then, but what's the point of wearing the vest longer?  Even though Fielding told me to wear it just for 3 weeks does it help to wear it longer?  Thanks guys.

Offline TiredofIt

• Bronze Member
The reason some where the vest for longer, as I plan to, is because compression helps minimize scarring. You've probably heard that many people move into a stage-2 vest later on, and this vest actually creates more compression, which helps to make scars softer and lighter.

Offline itsgonnahappen

• Posting Member
when should you switch to the stage 2 vest?

Offline TiredofIt

• Bronze Member
I don't want to give you advice different from what your doctor gave you. If you're uncomfortable with only wearing your vest for three weeks, as he recommended, I'd suggest giving him a call. I can tell you that Dr. Bermant suggests that I switch to a stage-2 vest a month post-op, and I'm going to follow his advice.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024