Author Topic: Just had surgery and have a couple questions...  (Read 3183 times)

Offline okfu2007

• Posting Member
I just had a successful surgery yesterday (at least from the little bit that I've seen in the mirror I think it's successful). I'm wondering about these foam pads. I had lipo with excision and I could have sworn that the doctor said that I would only be wearing the foam pads until I got my drains out next week and then I'd just wear my compression garment. Today I went to the office for my post op visit and the nurse said that I would be wearing the foam padding under the vest for four weeks but she didn't seem sure. I'm gonna wait until I get my drains out next week to ask my doctor, but which one is it?

Other question, I've barely done any draining. I've drained out about 100 CCs from the drain on the left side and about 35 CCs from the right side since yesterday. And now it seems like I haven't drained in a while, is this normal?

Offline bobjohnson

• Posting Member
I had surgery on Tuesday and the foam pads removed on Thursday. I am only wearning the vest now. As far as the drains go... I am not sure... I don't have them. If you have questions, definitly call your Dr. office.

Good luck with the recovery!

DrBermant

I just had a successful surgery yesterday (at least from the little bit that I've seen in the mirror I think it's successful). I'm wondering about these foam pads. I had lipo with excision and I could have sworn that the doctor said that I would only be wearing the foam pads until I got my drains out next week and then I'd just wear my compression garment. Today I went to the office for my post op visit and the nurse said that I would be wearing the foam padding under the vest for four weeks but she didn't seem sure. I'm gonna wait until I get my drains out next week to ask my doctor, but which one is it?

Other question, I've barely done any draining. I've drained out about 100 CCs from the drain on the left side and about 35 CCs from the right side since yesterday. And now it seems like I haven't drained in a while, is this normal?

The need for drains or how much comes out depends on the problem to be treated, skill of the surgeon, method(s) of surgery, and other factors.  I prefer techniques that minimize the need for drains or draining fluid with needles.  My use of drains or needing to drain fluid is less than 1% with my Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture Dynamic Technique.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024