Author Topic: NHS Waiting List - UK  (Read 2614 times)

Offline bluemoon

• Posting Member
Wondering if anybody has managed to get the surgery free of charge on the NHS in the UK? How long did you have to wait? It's taken me about a year to even be referred to a plastic surgeon and I'm still waiting on an appointment date. In the mean time I've actually saved up the money to go privately. Do I keep on waiting and save myself a large chunk of change or just go and get the surgery done???

Offline pr0digy

• Posting Member
Here's what I did:

Saw my GP in January, went back after about two weeks and he refferd me to the hospital
I then had to wait eight weeks for the hospital appointment. A surgeon saw me, asked me a couple of questions, and said he'd put me down to have surgery.
I had to go back to hospital after about 6 weeks, to meet the surgeon who would perform the operation. Had pictures taken, and breasts examined again. He put me on his waiting list, which he said was 6-8 weeks long.
I was called just after eight weeks (13th July), for surgery on Monday (20th July). It didn't go very smoothly to be honest, but that's a different story.

Actual surgery waiting list that I was put on was about 9 weeks.

If I were you, I'd go private. My t*ts are still here.
Had gyno for the best part of 8 (awful) years
Surgery on Monday 20th July. Never felt so happy in my life!

Offline kingboob

This would be better off in the UK section to be honest.

The waiting lists may be as short as 8 weeks but actually getting ON the waiting list can be virtually impossible and take years of fighting the NHS/PCT about funding.

If you have saved up the cash get it done PROPERLY by an experienced  surgeon privately...... if you do decide to wait and try to get NHS treatment then save the money until afterwards - you will probably need it to fix whatever mess they make.

I didn't get my gyne surgery on the NHS, but I had a routine day procedure recently and they even managed to f*ck that up, so my faith in their ability to do something like gyne correction would be absolutely zero.

Offline bluemoon

• Posting Member
Thanks for your help guys. Having read the posts in this forum, there isn't a lot of positivitey about the NHS. Spose I need to find a decent PS in Scotland now....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024