Author Topic: Sydney Morning Herald Interviewee wanted  (Read 3692 times)

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
My name is Tim Elliott, and I am journalist at The Sydney Morning Herald. I am doing a story on gynaecomastia, and need to find a man who had undergone corrective surgery for this condition. Obviously I need him to be in Australia.... Is there anyone out there, in Australia, who might want to talk to me about their experience? If so, contact me at The Sydney Morning Herald at (02) 9282 1926, or via email: telliott@smh.com.au or mobile phone 0419 370 651

Thanks.

Tim Elliott
Journalist
The Sydney Morning Herald
Phone (02) 9282 1926
Fax (02) 9282 2697
Mob: 0419 370 651
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 02:27:25 AM by Merle »
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Why does the interviewee have to be an Aussie?

GB
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:27:40 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Ryuuk

• Posting Member
Sydney being a city of Australia.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Sydney being a city of Australia.

Naw.... ya think?  ::)

Since the SMH is a newspaper, I really don't understand why it is so important that the interviewee be Australian. Is nationality a factor here?

Gynecomastia has no geographic boundaries!!!

Mr. Elliott could quite easily conduct his interview via this site or email. If you haven't heard, the Internet is a very powerful information tool...  ;)

GB

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it's a journalism thing.  when you cover local stuff, people always take more interest in the fact it's someone close to them, just helps them identify with the story, the details of the fact the operation wasn't halfway around the world.  the guy's free to ask for any angle he wants.  and oz has its share of visitors to the site.  who was the guy with the interweaving yin-yang avatar, he was a down underer.  he was plenty happy with his op too, went off bali and places like that a lot. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Ryuuk

• Posting Member
Yeah I don't know about you American folk to other countries but Australians tend to really, not care at all about Americans. Speaking stereotypically of course.

In fact, I could see an article about an American man with Gynecomastia over here being perceived as just another overweight/obese yank and the glandular message would be ignored.

However an Australian man suffering the same plight would be different.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Yeah I don't know about you American folk to other countries but Australians tend to really, not care at all about Americans.

It looks like OZ and USA have something in common then....   ;D

If it doesn't concern 'them' or 'their' country, then it doesn't matter...   :-\

That's sad really! Small minds, very small minds...   :-\

GB

Offline Ryuuk

• Posting Member
Well people just tend to root for their own, it's human nature I guess.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Well people just tend to root for their own, it's human nature I guess.

Human nature? Don't think so dude... Attitudes like that, are learned.   :P

That's no better than being a racists!   :-\   Ethnic group against ethnic group/Country against country...  same shyte!

We are all brothers and sisters. No matter what your skin color is or what country you reside, we are all human, equal! Geeze, I've heard something very similar somewhere recently!!!   ;D

GB

Offline Ryuuk

• Posting Member
Haha, you may as well compare backing your local sporting team over the visitor to racism then.

Offline msnguy

• Posting Member
Err no.. Australians aren't like that in my oppinion... Not at all - btw, I'm Australian!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Haha, you may as well compare backing your local sporting team over the visitor to racism then.

In a way yes...  ;)

'Backing' your team is one thing, but when violence/non acceptance of the other teams followers (similar to racism) as we have heard about in Britain/Europe, then it becomes a major problem. Many people have been killed during violent riots at sporting events.

Take this past World Series for example... Just shortly after Philly won, there was some mention of the Rays by the announcer and a very loud 'Boooooo' from the Philadelphia faithful could be heard. How disrespectful/childish is that? I really don't understand the mentality of it. Why? Why would a winning teams fans have that sort of attitude towards the loosing team?

Anyways, this thread is getting wayyyyy of topic here...  so that's all I have to say about that...

GB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Why does the interviewee have to be an Aussie?

I emailed Mr. Elliott and it turns out that he wants a Aussie interviewee to show that Gynecomastia is an issue locally...

GB

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
Sent him an email, will update with any details.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024