Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 2412 times)

Offline tammyvivi

• Posting Member
  • I am my son's advocate.
My son has gynecomatia and is having surgery 6/7 and we are in the process of the first appeal with BCBS.  Has anyone been sucessful in getting approved for any insurance coverage? They are saying thru our local Children's Hosp. it will cost +$8,000!!!!

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Don't go to the children's hospital.  Charging that much is a crime.  Go to a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with gynecomastia removal.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline tammyvivi

• Posting Member
I appreciate your reply.  The surgeon we have selected has done this procedure and is well respected.  My biggest concern at this point is trying to get the procedure approved through insurance.

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
$8,000 is the most I've ever heard of anyone paying for gyno surgery.

It sounds like you haven't done your research. If you don't even know what the normal price range for gyno surgery is, what makes you think you've selected a good surgeon?

I have a bad feeling that not only will you be ripped off, but that your son will be left disfigured.

Offline tammyvivi

• Posting Member
Thank you all for your replys.  I thought that by going through our Children's Hosp it would be the safest option for my son.  Now that I have found this board I think I will have to do some more checking into the costs if nothing else. ???  I will still need suggestions if there are any out there as to how to beat the insurance thing, if at all possible.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024