Author Topic: Blood tests  (Read 2044 times)

Offline inorbit

• Posting Member
Hey Everyone,

I posted a while ago, but i have another question.

It appears that the doctors normally send for a blood test first to see if hormone levels are out, but i'm wondering if anyone has had a positive result back that says thir hormone levels are wrong.  Or is that fairly rare?

I'm going to see about getting a test done.  I had this quite bad in my mid - late teens along with all the teasing that goes with it.  I looked at a holiday photo from when i was 21 and it was noticeable.  Now i'm 27 i'm a little fed up of not taking my top off on holiday.  I'm not overweight, i'm 5ft 8" and my weight normally lies between 10st 7lbs and 11 st which is fine and my BMI is 22.5 (i think) last time i worked it out.  I exercise enough (not obsessively) and i walk loads so i'm in decent shape.  Mine is a mild case and i'm not sure if i'd opt for surgery (that would depend on scars, cost etc) but i'd love to feel confident about going swimming.  They just stick out a bit, and i get the dreaded puffy nipples which just make me feel fat and out of shape - cold water is great cos when they harden up i look fine and fairly fit - if only they'd stay like that!!! :(.  If it is mostly puffy nipples, is that down to the gland??

Any answers to the questions whould be great!

JC

Offline ben1134

• Posting Member
I had tests done and got results the next day that everything was normal

i'm very skinny to and pretty in shape and mine is mostly gland with a little bit of fat so i would say its probly the same for you

also ive heard scars fade and are very unnoticable so if it is a problem to you (it is for me) then I would get it done so you never have to think about it again

it will be amazing to be able to go to a store and get a normal tshirt and go swimming again :)

Offline inorbit

• Posting Member
Hey Ben,

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, i would say mostly glad (maybe a little fat left over from teens, but not much).  Not noticeable at all unless i wear really tight t shitrts, which i don't anyway.  But swiming and the beach is tough and embarrassing.  I'm going to try and get something done, and it's gone on for years now.  It would be good to get changed in a changinf room without feeling shame!!.....does feel unfair when you keep in shape but noting shifts it.... i think they make me loook 'chubby' like it's something you would see on someone overweight.

Hope it goes well for you

JC

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024