Author Topic: Finally, surgery is booked - Hope my life changes.  (Read 2539 times)

Offline chaps69

• Posting Member
Hi,
For over 20 years I've been living with this problem, and it's gotten worse over the years due to weight gain.  When I was at my ideal weight I was never happy with the way my torso looked.  I like all the other guys on here, didn't wear Tshirts or go swimming, hated gym class etc.  It's really amazing how this affects our mental state and what we do to try and hide them.

We all know what it does to the mind, without consiously knowing I think I put on weight in order to make my chest seem somewhat normal.  You don't expect to see thin in shape guys with boobs, but it's more expected / accepted to see chunky guys with breasts.  This will be a huge jump start for me to get back into shape. 

I've always dreaded being invited to friends houses with swimming pools or going to the beach.  My brother in law has a pool, I've been in it once in 11 years, when they weren't home ofcourse.  I've travelled all over the Caribbean, and the Medditerannean (sp?).  I love to travel and it's a shame that I am so ashamed to take off my shirt to go into the water and could never bring myself to walk around with my shirt off.

I finally made the decision to go and have surgery.  Ever since I made that decision and had my consultation, I have already felt my outlook start to change.  I feel more confident, I feel so much better about myself and I've not even had the surgery yet.  I can only imagine how I'll be after the proceedure.  I am booked for 10 am, Monday June 22nd, can't wait but kind of scared.  All the what if's going through my mind.  I will be going to Dr. Lista, I have a really good feeling about him and his practice.  I went to the College of Physicians and Surgeons website out to check him out and see what his Education and affiliations are.  So much information has been given to me, and they've (Dr Lista and staff) taken time to answer all of my questions.  One of the things I liked about him the best is that he doesn't make an incision around the areola.  I can still see scars from my childhood, mine don't seem to fade.

I will post pre and post op pics soon.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Congrats on booking for surgery. Hope everthing turns out great for you. Kepp us posted on your progress. Soon you'll be swimming with your shirt off next time you stop by at the Carribean.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline chaps69

• Posting Member
Hey guys, I had my surgery yesterday with Dr. Lista, everything seemed to go very well.  I've not had much pain, though I am taking Percosets, but not as many as I could based on the perscription.  The only pain I really had was when I was in the recovery room, my nipples hurt big time.  I haven't taken my vest off yet but have to later today when I shower.  I will be taking pics and posting them, will also post pre op pics.

Can't wait to see my new chest!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024