Author Topic: Surgery in two days...Where do they cut?  (Read 3525 times)

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
Hi all,

My surgery is in two days and you can expect I am nervous.  I am getting lipo and excision.  I have somewhere between a B and C cup.  I am 6'2 and 180lbs (lost 25 lbs in the last 6 months).  Can you tell me where the PS will make the incisions, exactly?  One of the incisions will be just beneath the areola and will the other be on the side of my breast?

Can anyone provide me details about this?

Thanks.

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Usually, there is only 1 incision made in a 3 to 9 o'clock fashion right on the edge of the areola where the light part of the skin meets the areola. Most of the work can be done through this incision. Depending on your original problem, the Plastic surgeon may choose to do an incision in the armpit area. Like I said, it depends on the extent and case of your gynecomastia. The incision will only be noticable to you and no one else. Good luck!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My incisions were on the lower half (Peri-areola) of the areola and at the sides of my chest.

You can see these incisions in my Pics. Link to pics in Sig below...

Actually, I have circled a Lipo incision in the first pic in the fourth row from the bottom of the page. There are two 'fully healed' close-up pics of the areola/nipple.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
I talked to my PS today and he said the incisions will be the half circle just below the Areola and then incisions for the drains.  That is all.  My surgery is in 17 hours.  Tomorrow will be the beginning of something new in my life.  Its weird but for the last week I have already been thinking of myself as gyne free.

See you all on the flat side...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024