Author Topic: Lipo "tight skin" feeling  (Read 4674 times)

Offline Kansas68

I had GYN removed on March 7th - I went ahead and had lipo of the stomach and sides.  Now 5 weeks post op, pushing on the area is still somewhat tender and the stomach area feels very "tight" - when I stretch or just reach my hands above my head the skin does not want to stretch, (feels tight) is this normal? Anyone have the same feeling? 

The Dr office has been helpful and said this is due to swelling (but I don't notice anything that looks swollen) and will go away over the next 3-6 months.  Overall so far I'm pleased with the results.  just wanted to find out if others have had similar experience.

Offline jackson318

• Posting Member
I had basically the same thing - lipo around the sides, excision and lipo on the chest on March 17 - and I know what you're talking about.  There are spots on my chest and my right side like that.  For the first couple weeks, my abs were like that a lot too.  If I feel around tho, I can feel the hardish swollen lumps in there from the surgery.  They sorta feel numb.  From previous surgeries, that's just normal swelling and will go away in time.  keeping the compression garment on keeps it down a lot.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Isn't tight & firm skin exactly what you would want after lipo surgery?
Should loosen up in time.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline dubdishyt

• Posting Member
Hey what part of Kansas are you from. I from the KC area

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024