Author Topic: Prolactin levels  (Read 853 times)

Brdy64

Doctor is ordering blood tests to check my Prolactin levels. One medication I'm on has a tendency to elevate prolactin levels in the blood. 
Be interesting to see what they find, but the doctor also said it is a medication I need so they have no plan of removing or lowering the dose. 
I'm not sure why knowing is so important if nothing will be done about it. 🤔

Dudewithboobs

Like anything in the chemistry of the body something too high or too low is not just a contributor to a circumstance but a potential concern to overall health. Heightened prolactin levels can cause honest health concerns. But if they’re checking it for relation to gynecomastia it may be due to that as it is a prominent hormone involved with breast development. 

Brdy64

Like anything in the chemistry of the body something too high or too low is not just a contributor to a circumstance but a potential concern to overall health. Heightened prolactin levels can cause honest health concerns. But if they’re checking it for relation to gynecomastia it may be due to that as it is a prominent hormone involved with breast development.
A doctor friend of mine says the doctor should have ordered a complete "full panel hormones" test. 
In order to get the full picture, they need to see where all my levels are and the balance between them. 🤔
Understandably the prolactin level is important because of medications I'm taking but so are all the others. 
I have been on a hormonal roller coaster ride for about a year, I might talk to my doctor about running a full panel. 

Dudewithboobs

Yeah, unfortunately unless a dr presumed there to be a need for a full panel test they will generally run a generic range of tests or isolate to one’s of thought to be causing an issue.

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
What med elevates prolactin?

Brdy64

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024