Author Topic: Booked for Surgery with Dr. Haugrud!!!  (Read 4658 times)

Offline EDMGyno24

• Posting Member

Well..got the call and am booked for surgery with Dr. Haugrud in Calgary. January 8th is the big day. Went for my consult in June and was put on a short notice list. I am so excited, I've been waiting for this since I was 14.

I'll take some pics and keep you guys posted.

Offline francisc006

good luck, your day is near

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Good luck, hope all goes well for you.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
good luck man, i just had mine last week! im excited for the swelling to go down, but prepare yourself for that. first it looks great, then gets worse before it goes to what it'll look like when its normal. what are you having done?

Offline BloodBaneZXY

• Posting Member
Crazy!  I just had my surgery with haugrud today! Such an awesome guy and he made the process very easy!

Offline titsrntcool

• Posting Member
Yes, me as well, my surgery was almost 2 years ago with Haugruud.  I had the surgery, then swelling in the right side and he had to reopend and remove material.  Then it swelled again and he had to remove fluid with a syringe about 3 times.  After about a year, there was still puffyness, so he said he could inject some cortisol which would break down the enzymes of the tissue.   This was the last procedure I had with him and my chest now looks really good.  It was a long process but Haugruud is a great doctor who really cares about your results and you being satisfied.
I just referred my brother to him as he had the surgery done about 5 years ago from another doctor who just gave him liposuction!!!  I just found this out recently and could not believe it-his gyno was much worse than mine and the idiot doctor just sucked out fat-did not cut out any breast tissue, which is why he is seeing Haugrud now.  I am just glad that he did not have to pay for that surgery.

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
hey titsrntcool.....thanks for posting!!  how long after your first surgery did you get your second? I have a feeling ill have to do a re-surgery as well. I had the fluid removed as well, just once a week after i took off the bandages.
can you explain how the cortisol injection worked? did you notice the scar tissue get flat right away?
how long do you have to wait to get cortisol injections?
did you notice any side effects at all?

sorry about the interview here lol, im just really curious about what to do next. Im not happy with the amount of scar tissue build up inside. I have my next consult with him in 6 days. Its now been 3 months post op

Thanks!!

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
oh, and did you wear a compression vest at all during this process?

Offline nait1234

Hi,

Is this something that is covered through Alberta Health Care?

Also do you need a referral to see these doctors or can you just call them up for a consulation?

Thanks for the info. I just found out about this stuff tonight, so I'm anxious to learn anything I can and hopefully get this done if it doesn't break the bank.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024