Author Topic: 3 days after Surgery with Dr. Haugrud  (Read 5569 times)

Offline EDMGyno24

• Posting Member
I went for surgery with Dr. Haugrud on Tuesday at the Rockey View Hopital in Calgary. I have to say it was worth the trip down from Edmonton. Everyone at the Hospital was great. From the time I was admitted to the time I was discharged the nurses and staff were so nice and friendly.

Dr. Haugrud came into see me first thing in the morning to take some pictures and mapped where he was going to take out the tissue.

One the porter came to take me to the surgery waiting area things moved pretty fast. The anistegiologist (spelling?) came and asked me some questions, and I was taken into the operating room, and out like a light.

I woke up in the recovery room with drains inserted in the side of my chest. They had already pumped me full of pain killers so I was feeling nothing. I really didn't start to feel any discomfort till later that evening, and all it took was a couple of t3s and I felt better. I stayed the night cause I was from out of town, but I'm glad I did cause I think I would have been in more pain and discomfort if I was at home, plus the nurses there was not bad company either.

The drains are a pain in the ass, and are the main source of discomfort but its more annoying pain than anything they should be out on Monday. Dr. Haugrud said I can take the drains out myself and showed my how, not looking to forward to that though.

I have to say even after 3 days my chest is 110% better, I'm extremely impressed with the results. Anyone who is on the fence about the surgery should go for it, and if you have to opportunity to see Dr. Haugrud in Calgary do it, by far the best Dr. I've visited and the results speak for themselves plus AHC picks up the tab, I didn't have to pay a cent. 

Pics are coming soon, and if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

Offline canttouchthis

congrats on the surgery.  How bad was you gyne?  Did you have someone pick you up or were you allowed to leave on your own?  How long do you have to wear the drains for?

Thanks for the help!!

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
anaesthesiologist? meh is that an American word or just a made up one? i kept saying it but my mum kept correcting me anesthetist lol.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member

Offline EDMGyno24

• Posting Member
Thanks canttouchthis, I had pretty bad gyno I'll post some pics as soon as my stitches are out, which will hopfully be in a week.

I had to have someone pick me up, I'm lucky to have my family really close by so my mom made the trip with my from Edmonton. Because the initial drugs they give you are so strong, plus the anesthesia hasn't fully worn off yet the hospital will only release you to a sober responsable adult.

I just took out the drains tonight, so that makes it just over a week. They are a huge pain in the ass but there's allot of fluid so if they weren't there the swelling would be unreal. I have to admit, taking out the drain tubes is a bit painful until the suction seal is released then it just slides out, but it's a very small price to pay.

I hope that helps, let me know if you want to know more.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
it's a real word

hmm weird, seems they are slightly different according to dictionary.com

anesthesiologist
 –noun
a physician who specializes in anesthesiology.

anesthetist
–noun
a person who administers anesthetics, usually a specially trained doctor or nurse.

Offline Travelincook

• Posting Member
I had my surgery with dr Haugrud on the 22nd.. I spent the night in the hospital and never did see him after the surgery... things are fantastic though. My chest looks good, I do have some belly fat that I can only get rid of by abdominalplasty, since I've had massive weight loss. so proportionally it looks pretty damn good!

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
I wonder if the Dr with charge AHC on lipo and tummy tuck. I dont think so!!!

Offline huffking

• Posting Member
So i finally got my surgery date with haugard on April 1st. Im going to stay overnight as well im wondering if typically you take the drains out yourself or you comeback 3 days later to have the doctor take them out.

Offline Travelincook

• Posting Member
I wonder if the Dr with charge AHC on lipo and tummy tuck. I dont think so!!!

God, I wish

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024