Author Topic: elevate free testosterone.  (Read 4151 times)

Offline masterp

• Bronze Member
does anyone know about the potential to elevate free testosterone. i am a borderline hypergonadal, primary, and my doc doesnt recommend taking testosterone due to to testicular shut down. I am interested in teh possibility of increasing the amount of free testosterone.
has anyone tried avena sativa, or nettle root or any other products. also tumeric and cumin seeds.

I would be very interested to here if anyone has any ideas about this approach, and most importatnly if one can increase the amount of free testosterone, will this have a negative effect of the feedback system, causing less testosterone to be created by the balls.

many thanks

Offline bjk99

• Posting Member
just wanted to bump this one. i am also interested.
any thoughts?

i am taking turmeric and zinc right now. good info on both if you search. i hope it works.

Offline masterp

• Bronze Member
i take 50mg a day of chelated zinc and it works great for me. dont know about tumerick, but i heard that nettle root is good. have u heard about this. also mate just so you knwo i am investigating variocele (ie having my groin checked

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Where you at hypo?

Offline hypo

I have spoken to masterp many times.

He needs to see a good fertility expert to sort that issue out one way or the other and he needs to discuss his endocrine situation with a good endocrinologist.

If someone has testicular failure or partial failure and they have high LH then they are not going to generate any more testosterone from their testicles as the pituitary is already requesting the testicles to work harder to no avail.

If such a person has high SHBG they might be prescribed medication to lower this binding protein and so increase free testosterone, but this is only appropriate for some people.  If estradiol is high, again this can be lowered with prescribed medication and this will increase free testosterone.

All that said and done it may still not be enough of an increase to ensure eugonadal status.  It depends upon the significance of the problem.

If this does not achieve eugonadal status then TRT is required.

In masterps case one of the above measures might be able to help him given his testosterone level is 14nmol/l (not even regarded as hypogonadal in some quarters), but he needs to see a good endocrinologist and stop discussing minor herbs and odds and sods such as tumeric and also put to bed any idea of self medication which will do him more harm than good.

Offline masterp

• Bronze Member
hypo your spot on the money. i know it seems stupid looking into herbs, as it is only one step up to self medicating. but i have had a lot of luck with zinc, and was merely enquiring.

but its awesome having you watching over all of us and everyone appreciates your guidance.

many thanks

Offline hypo

masterp,

I appreciate your kind words but I am just a guy like you.

The reason the herbs are a bit pointless is not because it is near to self medication particularly, but because it is giving you a certain amount of hope (likely false).

You deserve and can get expert help from a good endocrinologist, if the one you have seen wasn't great there is always someone else who can help you.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 01:21:56 PM by hypo »

Offline masterp

• Bronze Member
yeah hypo your right.

i just did have luck with the zinc so i dont think we should totally rule out the herb root. any one had any luck with this approach

Offline hypo

Zinc (a mineral as opposed to herb) is completely different and is something I have recommended on the site many times- RDA levels

However zinc alone is not going to get you from A to B.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 08:55:22 AM by hypo »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
but its awesome having you watching over all of us and everyone appreciates your guidance.

It's hard to believe this site existed before hypo.  

Hypo, you're the best!

I too must thank you for watching over us :-* :-* :-*

It's as if you're divinely gifted and spiritually guided to give the most perfect answer anytime a question is asked.

Hypo, you really seem to have had a profound effect on this kids life.

You're like a role model for everything that's good in the world.  

Keep up the good work my friend.  

Signed - Mr. Facetious!  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 09:46:54 AM by jc71 »

Offline hypo

I find compliments mildly less difficult to deal with than critisism- but not by much.

Too many of them could drive a man to drink in my opinion.

Gine2D

Masterp, ask the doc to let you try HCG.  It will stimulate your testicles to produce more testosterone naturally & not lower your sperm count. It acts to increase some of the hormones the pituritary is supposed to send to the Testicles.

Offline masterp

• Bronze Member
hey guys hcg wont work as i have elevated lh and fsh. like flogging a dead horse is the expression. i make borderline levels of T, and my estrogne is fine, so i wont to increase the effects my own t has on my musles. i spoke to a guy about nettle root, and he says that at my age i should stay clear of it, as it does something to do with DHT. i didnt really understand what, but if there is any doubt i dont go anywhere near these things. any other ideas about freeing testosterone.

Offline masterp

• Bronze Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024