Author Topic: Hello, I'm new and have a question  (Read 1613 times)

Offline AGOF

• Bronze Member
Just wanna say I'm glad to be here hopefully will get help with my problem. Well, yes, I have man boobs. I'm not really sure what the extent of the problem is though and hope to get some insight. I can remember them starting when I was about 13 and they've increased, and I THINK decreased a little since then. I am now 19 years old, 6'0" tall and 195 lbs. I was very overweight about 3 years ago, about 255 lbs. Could this be part of the problem? And how can I find out how bad I have them? I hear pushups will make em go away, I've heard about surgery, and all the rest of the like. Please someone let me know, I hate them and need a good solution once and for all. thanks in advance  8)
Life would be fine if it wasn't for gyne...

DrBermant

Just wanna say I'm glad to be here hopefully will get help with my problem. Well, yes, I have man boobs. I'm not really sure what the extent of the problem is though and hope to get some insight. I can remember them starting when I was about 13 and they've increased, and I THINK decreased a little since then. I am now 19 years old, 6'0" tall and 195 lbs. I was very overweight about 3 years ago, about 255 lbs. Could this be part of the problem? And how can I find out how bad I have them? I hear pushups will make em go away, I've heard about surgery, and all the rest of the like. Please someone let me know, I hate them and need a good solution once and for all. thanks in advance  8)

The breast of gynecomastia is typically a combination of gland, fat, and skin.  Losing Weight can make a big impact on the fat and sometimes the skin.  Gland is not reduced with weight loss.

As the skin envelope is no longer filled with fat, Drooping Breasts or Ptosis can happen.  Skin can tighten over time, often several months.  After Massive Weight Loss the skin sometimes just does not tighten enough.  Building muscle is one way of filling a loose skin evelope of the male chest.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Go see your doctor and then a Plastic Surgeon, they cna tell you what the problem is and how you can fix it.  I'm pretty sure most of us have done the weight loss/hit the gym/eat healthy routine to try and get rid of it, but nothing works, the only way is surgery (if you don't want to live with it; if you don't mind the gyne, that;s fine too, but just letting you know that the only way of getting rid of it is probably through surgery).

Hope this helps!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024