Author Topic: 12 hours to my surgery!!!  (Read 2931 times)

Offline eire_245

• Posting Member
so my surgery is at 9am tomorrow, im finally getting this done, after years of embarrasment. ive also told my parents just now, so there the only people that know, which is a huge weight off my head! im getting my surgery done in dublin, ireland. i had alot of consultations, but finally found a surgeon who i believe is extremly skilled! he only does 15-20 gyno surgeries a year(i think this is as much due to the population of dublin) but is an expert in breast surgery nonetheless. so ill keep everyone updated, mine isnt too bad, ive quite low body fat but suffer from puffy nipples. he`s going to do a combination of ultrasonic assisted liposuction and excision, but he says hes going to asses it as he goes, and limit any excision scar to as small as possible. He was also telling me about the new ultrasonic assisted liposuction machines are quite effective at removing the gland so hopefully the scar will be minimal!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 06:42:19 PM by eire_245 »

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Good luck, keep us all posted on your progress.
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline eire_245

• Posting Member
ok so the surgery went fine, had local with iv, not much pain at all with an over night stay in hospital, my surgeon talked me through the whole thing, and another plastic surgeon was observing also asking questions. he didnt end up doing the nipple incision, just lipo siad it wasnt necessary, my right side was alot worse than the left, quite large, he said he removed a good amount of gland. my right side still seems puffy or what looks like loose skin! do you think this could be swelling? i havent really gotten a good look yet as ive only had my binder off for a min, going in tomorrow for bandage changing and assesment so hopefully ill get some answers on swelling and how my ps thinks it has turned out. he visited me the night of the surgery and before i left the hospital and said it looked excellent. i didnt get any drains, wounds were left open and drained into bandage. i just cant wait to see what its like! im trying to imagine wearing a shirt without evn thinking about it! i hope i dont still have puffy nipples!

Offline Ryuuk

• Posting Member
he didnt end up doing the nipple incision, just lipo siad it wasnt necessary

he removed a good amount of gland

what?

Offline eire_245

• Posting Member
i was in with my surgeon today, he said due to using ultrasonic assisted liposuction it allowed some gland to be removed with the fat, he was planning on doing the incision if there was any gland he was unable to remove under the nipple, but it wasnt necessary as there wasnt excessive gland under the nipple. i questioned him on how its possible to remove the gland without excision and he even showed me the medical research papers about using ultrasonic assisted lipo to avoid the incision scars and remove the gland, heres some of it he showed to me http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1272747-overview. The night of my surgey my chest was completly flat as the swelling hadnt set in, and he explained that this will be my likely end result, it has swelled up since, so he said give it 6 weeks for everything to settle down and then he said he would re-evaluate(he told me from the get go he wouldnt risk a crater deformity by extracting too much, and always said its better to go on the side of caution and remove a little less, because its far easier to have to remove more at a later date) so im going to wait and see, but im very happy with the results so far, its such a huge weight off my shoulders!!

Offline Jose

Hi,

Sounds like it went well! How are you getting on now? I'm from Ireland and want to get the surgery done too. Could you give me the name of the surgeon and the hospital you used?

Thanks,
Jose.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024