Author Topic: Gynecomastia denied by endocrinologist  (Read 3998 times)

Offline someguat

• Posting Member
Hello, first off I would like to thank each of one of the members of this board for helping me get the courage to take further steps on my fight against gynecomastia. Secondly, I would like to share my experience so far. I went to the doctor and asked him about the "breasts," and he took some blood tests and later he called me and told me I had to go to an endocrinologist, so I did. Anyway, today I had my appointment and he told me that even though my pectoral area was large, I did not show any other symptoms of having gynecomastia. He said there was a probability that I had it when I was younger and my chest just stayed with that shape. That sounded a little weird to me. Anyhow, apparently, from the previous blood tests, my testosterone is low, and that may have something to do with it. I feel a little down right now since I am only seventeen years old and have been diagnosed with low testosterone... but I will keep on exercising and trying to lose weight to see if what was identified as "fat" by the endocrinologist will ever go away.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Frankly, what he says does not make any sense. At least as you reported it. Not all endo's are created equal and it also depends on what his speciality is.

Merle

Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline gyne35

• Posting Member
I'm definitely no expert, but even if your chest is just fat, and big enough that it bothers you, it should still be possible to have lipo done, correct?

Offline Hypo-is-here

Hello, first off I would like to thank each of one of the members of this board for helping me get the courage to take further steps on my fight against gynecomastia. Secondly, I would like to share my experience so far. I went to the doctor and asked him about the "breasts," and he took some blood tests and later he called me and told me I had to go to an endocrinologist, so I did. Anyway, today I had my appointment and he told me that even though my pectoral area was large, I did not show any other symptoms of having gynecomastia. He said there was a probability that I had it when I was younger and my chest just stayed with that shape. That sounded a little weird to me. Anyhow, apparently, from the previous blood tests, my testosterone is low, and that may have something to do with it. I feel a little down right now since I am only seventeen years old and have been diagnosed with low testosterone... but I will keep on exercising and trying to lose weight to see if what was identified as "fat" by the endocrinologist will ever go away.

Join this group below and you can get help from other guys with low testosterone who can help you ensure you are getting the right treatment for you...

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/hypogonadism2/

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Welcome back Hypo. Good to hear from you. I too have low T. Thanks for posting that link.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I will second the thought that the report from your Endocrinologist makes no sense as you have related it.

Within the field of Endocrinology, What is that Dr.s specialty? Sometimes an Endocrinologist will specialize in diabetes, liver function etc. You need one who specializes in Reproductive issues in general and Male hormones in particular.

Hypo is right on the mark, as usual.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024