Author Topic: Karadis surgery 22nd Nov 2016 at 7am  (Read 3437 times)

tsjasonf

« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:28:45 AM by web_admin »

Offline moreton8000

• Posting Member
Hey mate, I'm booked in for my surgery with Karidas tomorrow! I strangely don't feel that nervous and having read so many posts from others who have their ops with Karidas on here over the years I have every confidence that he's going to do a great job.
I've booked a couple of days off work and I believe I'll be fine come Friday (I have an office job).
Try not to stress about the op. You've come this far and think how different and confidence you'll feel when you're free of this condition!

tsjasonf

« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:28:31 AM by web_admin »

Offline ParkedOutside

• Posting Member
Good luck to both of you!!

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
I'm booked in for the 24th of this month!! Looks like we'll all be quite close togeather!

tsjasonf

« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:27:10 AM by web_admin »

Offline moreton8000

• Posting Member
Greetings from the hospital! Had my surgery at around 11am today. Feeling a bit uncomfortable and groggy from the anethestic still - I was talking some right gibberish to the nurse when I woke up lol. Will do a proper update later in the week, but I'm so glad it's done! Good luck guys.

tsjasonf

« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:28:14 AM by web_admin »

Offline moreton8000

• Posting Member
Thanks mate. Just got back home now. Feeling much better. The soreness was from the ice pack digging in to the skin which they put on to deal with the swelling. I took a couple of ibuprofen and it settled right down after 30 mins or so.
The biggest issue is how thirsty I feel! Apparentaly that's a common side effect from the anethestic.
All this said, the moment they took off the bandages and put on the compression vest made it all worth it! It was already a bit bruised and swollen but even with that, the difference to my chest was unbelievable. It's obviously going to be a rollar coaster ride of recovery over the next year and I'm trying not to get to delirious with excitement as I know it will change a lot, but the feeling when I put on my t.shirt (with the help of the very lovely nurse) and it was flat was absolutely amazing! I felt normal for the first time ever in that area.
Right, gonna watch some tele and see if I can get some sort of appetite (I really struggled eating this afternoon. The food is half decent but I just had no appetite and my mouth was so dry it made eating a bit tough.)
Feel free to PM any questions you might have and I'll be sure to post some pics in a week or so.

tsjasonf

« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:28:01 AM by web_admin »

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
Congratulations sounds like a good result! Just over a week for me!! Got any advice to help with my general anaesthetic nerves?

Offline moreton8000

• Posting Member
Congratulations sounds like a good result! Just over a week for me!! Got any advice to help with my general anaesthetic nerves?

My advise would be to not stress about it. The most nervous bit is the 5 mins or so before you go down to surgery - it all feels very real at that moment.

Once they put you under it's the best sleep you'll ever have! I actually enjoyed that part! It's like being in an episode of ER or something.

I would suggest taking an ipad or book with you to occupy yourself post surgery and maybe make a nice playlist on your ipod of chilled tunes which you can listen to before and and after to relax you.

To further update you, the first night's sleep was pretty uncomfortable but I'm up and about today and feeling good.

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the response! How you feeling today? How long do you think I should wait before getting back into sports?

tsjasonf

« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:27:43 AM by web_admin »

Offline moreton8000

• Posting Member
Good luck, Jason. You WILL NOT regret this.
Almost 1 week for me and already I've got pretty much no pain and the bruising is 80% gone. It feels so amazing having the freedom to wear whatever I want. It's only been a week and I feel like a new person. Best thing I've ever done and i only regret not doing it sooner.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024