Author Topic: So I think I am going to get it just a couple questions if you guys could take  (Read 1399 times)

Offline bennj51189

• Bronze Member
the time.

As the subject says I've finally decided why not better now then ever right? If I am gonna get it I should get it now.

So I want to get it in California where I will be for the summer on a road trip with friends. I was wondering if you thought it would be able to get the surgery and not be able to tell my friends that I will be living with. Maybe I can say I will be away on a trip to see family for a long weekend and when Im back I will be able to do normal activity like go to an internship?
And how long before the shirt comes off at the beach?!?
and how long before I can go swimming?
how long before I can do some real working out or rock climbing or hiking extreme activity?
Thanks if people know or have had the surgery themselves I would love the feedback thank you guys so much.

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
I'm preparing to have the surgery in about 2 weeks... from what I understand, this is what you'll be looking at:

1st off, you'll need to be in a compression vest 24/7 after the surgery for a minimum of 3 weeks for the best results. You should be fine to resume desk work or go out to see a movie or anything that isn't strenuous after the 2nd day or so post-op. As far as the beach goes, you really shouldn't be exposing the area to sun for prolonged periods for a few months after but you can take your shirt off about a month afterwards if you really want to. You'd be strongly advised to apply strong sunscreen (SPF 30+) to the scarred area to prevent future discoloration, though..  I'd try to keep sun exposure to a minimum for as long as you can but it shouldn't be an issue to go for a swim and take your shirt off 1 month+ after the surgery.

It's going to be tempting and you're going to want to do a lot and see the results right away, but that isn't reality. Your body needs time to heal. After the compression vest comes off, you can resume normal, strenuous activity and go back to living normally for the most part... but the actual results and contours won't be 100% there until 6-8 months post-op. During that time span you'll probably see some minor bruising or scar tissue, etc... your body has to go through a healing process and that's all a part of it.

If I were you, I'd probably worry more about the surgery and getting it than missing out on one trip or not being able to take your shirt off for it. The longer you wait, the more you're going to end up avoiding or missing out on. The sooner you take care of the problem, the sooner you'll be able to live your life again gyne-free.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024