Author Topic: Fielding SURGERY June 10  (Read 4936 times)

Offline kajivan

• Posting Member
Hey fellas,

I had my surgery done on june 10. I saw my results today and they look FANTASTIC, there are some scars but i think they will go away, if not i can live with it :).

Here's a brief explaination of my expereince for those of you thinking of going through surgery.

Consultation---- I called the office and booked a consult within 7 days. Fielding is brief in his explainations but I was fortunate to draw up some questions to ask during the consult.

Surgery---- I was able to book my surgery about 3-4 weeks after my consult. It cost me 1890(includes gst). On the day of the surgery, they asked me to come 2.5 hours prior to my surgery to get the paper work done. BUT i spent a total of 10 mins completing the paper work and spent 2h 20 mins reading the newspaper...lol. After the surgery was done, they placed some thick pads on my pecks..lol...and wrapped my upper body with a vest to control the swelling

Post Surgery (1-week)- Now its been a week after surgery. I just got the pads removed today and saw the results for first time. It looks great !!. Right now i have wear the vest for the next 2 weeks except when im showering. Also i cant working out/ ply sports for the next 2 weeks.

OUT OF EVERYTHIN, the only thing i found annoying is wearing the padding and the vest for 1 week without showering.It can get very itchy and smelly...lol.

For those of you interested on the progess of my swelling, i will be posting back every couple of weeks for the next month or two :).

Who ever is contemplating about surgery, in my opinion, GO FOR IT with DR FIELDING, he does gynacomstia surgeries every wednesdays, so hes done this like a billion times.

Offline AZ54321

• Posting Member
Thanks for sharing! Every time I read something about Fielding my confidence in him goes up. My surgery is scheduled for the 26th of August with Fielding. This is gonna be the longest summer ever. I can't wait to get this over with, but it's a little depressing that I'll have to go through another winter before I can enjoy nice weather for the first time since I was 10. I forgot what it's like to leave the house without a jacket/black t-shirt/ sweater or some other piece of apparel that will cover up my chest. Do you mind posting before/after pics?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey fellas,

I had my surgery done on june 10. I saw my results today and they look FANTASTIC, there are some scars but i think they will go away, if not i can live with it :).

Congrats on your surgery... Welcome to the 'Other Side' my man!  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline kajivan

• Posting Member
Thanks, GB

AZ54321, i would post pics but im very HAIRY, so i decided not too..lol. Im suprised you have to wait over 2 months for your sugery :o. I gues fielding is busy.

But ya, choosing to go with fielding is a good idea. He will warn you of all the risks and what not, but i havent heard of any 1 having problems with him YET.

Offline AZ54321

• Posting Member
lol it was actually a 3 month wait.. My consultation was June 1, and the earliest slot for surgery was August 19 and 26.. I opted for 26. I thought that If I'm already waiting nearly three months, I can take an extra week and work. That's about $250-350 in my pocket.

Offline kajivan

• Posting Member
DAMNNNNN thts a very long wait though...

Offline gggg

• Posting Member
how noticeable is the vest u gotta wear for 3 weeks? is it noticeable to the point where u cant wear a t shirt or do u gotta wear a sweater?

Offline kajivan

• Posting Member
gxd170

The vest isn't that much noticeable. People can notice it if your wear it on top of your t-shirt, but if you wear 2 layers of t-shirts then you should be fine. Also, during your first week after surgery, you have to wear THICK paddings underneath the vest. Its noticeable, i had to wear sweaters during that time.

Update on swelling,

This wednesday will be three weeks after surgery, and my swelling is ok. There is some swelling, but it is as i expected. I still like the results and i know it will get better after the swelling is all gone.
I know im allowed to stop wearing the vest but i've decided to wear the vest for another 2 weeks, just to control any further swelling. For you guys that had the surgery with fielding, is it a good idea to wear the vest longer than the initial 3 week period????

Offline billygoat21

• Posting Member
i took mine off at the 3 week mark and im about 5 weeks post op now...everything seems great. i have been playing hockey and lifting weights from exactly 3 weeks post op.

Offline kajivan

• Posting Member
Thanks billy goat

When i started working out, I had some pain around the surgery area. I assume that is normal??

Also, its goin be 5 weeks post op, and RESULTS ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline billygoat21

• Posting Member
i can still feel it very tight when doing a over head shoulder press or anything where my arms are completely stretched out. my chest also has pain if i accidentally bump into it right around the nipple area, under there it's still very sensitive to any type of pressure. my nipples still have no feel on the outside tho, not that i really care but that is a little strange. but overall im still 100% happy.

Offline Nik

• Posting Member
 Hi guys. Ive been on the net and cant seem to find a site with his practice. Does he work by referal or just walk-ins? For gland removal does he do nipple insitions to remove gland? I read that Dr. Lista does it from an insition away from the chest?

Offline Nik

• Posting Member
 found Dr. Fieldings info (on this site) I have a consultation booking on Aug. 17. Hes on vacation for the first 2 weeks of August. Nervous already!!!  Here goes nothing!!!

Offline bubblegyne

I had a consultation with him on July 30th, 2009 and my surgery is scheduled for September 30th. Yea, it is quite a long wait, but I've lived with this issue for about 10 years so 2 extra month won't kill me!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hi guys. Ive been on the net and cant seem to find a site with his practice. Does he work by referal or just walk-ins? For gland removal does he do nipple insitions to remove gland? I read that Dr. Lista does it from an insition away from the chest?

Hey...

JCF has no Website nor business Email addy.

Yes, JCF makes a peri-areola (half circle on the lower half of the areola) incision.

Yes, Doc Lista removes the gland from the lipo incision.

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024