Author Topic: Gyne Questions  (Read 2056 times)

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
Ok i am having gyne surjury in late February early march (finally) with dr warren law for $550.

How long do i have to wear the tensor visor for? and would it look like a undershirt if i wear it with a dress pants/shirt (colored not white).

Will anyone at the office notice it?

I will have surjury on a wednesday and take that day off probably along with thursday for recovery. I figure i can work one day in an office setting on friday since it is casual dress day.  Will i be fine enough by monday to conitnue regular work? and can i begin my fitness training in three weeks as well as remove the tensor?

Do i buy the tensor or is it supplied?

When does the chest look "flat" and not so much bruised? and will the chest be flatter a week after surjury and look normal, will this be noticeable i had something removeD?

my goal is to look like i just worked out when i go back to school in May and i want to be able to wear tight fitting clothes.. When can i begin going to the beach and not have to worry about scarring? (i dont mind small scars i can say i was cut with a blade or something or had surjury to fix a damaged tendent from weight training).

Also when will i be ready to jump back into the club scene and finally make some good moves :D

thanks in advance

a very[/i] happy brownman!

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Hey brownman, congrats on getting a date booked!

For th tensor, it really depends on what your doctor tells you.  I had my op done with Fielding and he said to wear it for 3 weeks, some say more, some say less, so check with your doc.  Depending on how you feel, you may feel good enough to go to work on Friday, and/or Monday; I had my op on a wednesday and I felt fine enough to go back to school on Friday, though I took the day off since I only missed one class.  There are others here who have had to take more time off, it's really on a case by case basis, and you'll only know how much time off you'll need once you have the surgery.  

The tensor is supposed to be supplied I believe, as they wrap you in it after the op.  It's not noticeable, so you should be fine with a coloured shirt.

As for whether or not you'll be flat, again, it depends on how you heal, some feel as though there hasn't been an improvement, but that's usually because they're fairly swollen, while others are "flat".  Same thing for the bruising, it's a case by case issue.  As for my case, the only thing that would show that I had something done is the stitching on the nipples, the right one is barely noticeable, but the left one is a little bruised where the stitch is.  I've read on here that you shouldn't expose the scars to the sun for about 6 months, and if you do, use a strong sun block.

I hope this helps, but make sure to speak with your doctor about all your concerns as he has his own way of doing things.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
yeah thanks for the reply hoping to get many more

some more questions

i am an avid weight lifter and lift considerable weight for my size and usually have alot of pain the day after during recovery, is this going to be similar? (if anyone has ever bench pressed is the pain like this but a little strongeR?)

I dont plan on going into the sun for 4-5 months anyway.

Will increased protein like a post-workout shake help in the rebuilding process of the body?

yeah i dont have a date quiet yet but my doc appointment is tomorrow and they are expecting my referral and i believe i will have february 15/25 one of those weeks or march for sure, i am hoping for february.

I sit at my desk all day at the office on co-op leave, i just want to know if i could go to work the next day, i just ride the go train then the subway then sit at work for 8 hours and i mean i can even sit there all day i fi have too. i might have to do filing is this possible.

As i am on co-op i can not leave my work for long durations and i have 50 hours (48 left) of paid work leave, so i was hoping to use maybe 15 hours for wednesday and the day a fter then go back to work friday/

any more info is very much appreciated thanks ill probly post more questions later.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024