Author Topic: My wifes 30th bday party......  (Read 3608 times)

Offline raider415

• Posting Member
  • What a great site!
is on the saturday and I am having surgery the wednesday before. Do you think I will be ok to drink and have a goodtime as well as host the party. Thanks!

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
ull be able to sit still, get up slowly, and drink water or fruit juice.  alcohol is stupid, since it may slow down healing, and you wont be playing any rounds of Twister thats for sure.  

ull be able to laugh and stuff, but just hope nobody gives you a pat on the chest of asks you to move over on the couch too fast....theyll know somethings up.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Well. healing depends upon person's abilities. Some heal fast. Some slow - like me. But sure just 3 days are too early. I can certainly say, people will notice you that you had a surgery. Why don't you pospond to one more week? That way you will be ok to jump arround and may be can enjoy better.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline raider415

• Posting Member
  • What a great site!
Unfortunaley we have a wedding next weekend and if I postpone the surgery it won't be till next summer. I can definalet not drink and maybe just take it easy, I just want to make sure I can host the party! I'll leave the jumping to my wife.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude.....

Geeze, a few drinks are not going to hurt you my man. Go ahead and host your wife's BD party, have a few and enjoy!  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 10:27:40 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline happyclam

• Posting Member
Raider415; sound advice from all. We all heel differently. See how you feel by Saturday - don't rush it. You know already not to do anything that will hurt your chances of a full recovery. Just be aware that people will notice - you'll still have those foam pads which might make your chest look bigger or a bit odd. So you may have some 'splanin' to do! Enjoy the party and happy birthday to the Mrs!

Offline mtl123

• Posting Member
Dont try to hide it completely! You can say that you injured yourself doing something and that you are taking some time off work. At least no one will try to wrestle with you after that !

Offline raider415

• Posting Member
  • What a great site!
Thanks for all the replys, they are greatly appreciated!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024