Author Topic: Guys, need help...Planning gynecomastia surgery  (Read 2143 times)

Offline libre2012

Hi all,
I have been reading through the forum over the last few days and am very impressed with the willingness to share & guide others in a timely way...I hope I will also receive similar support.

I was fat as a child and had a soft/fatty chest. When I turned 16, I was 5'8" & about 80 kg. In 3 months from turning 16, I lost weight & became 72 kgs at 5'10". Though I became very fit then, the chest fat didn't go away. I'm 29 yrs now & 92 kgs now.

I wanted to understand how I can confirm whether I indeed have gynecomastia or is it just fat that will go away with exercising & weight loss (because a lot of articles on the internet clearly state that the 2nd type I mention does not require surgery).

I am attaching some pictures here (quality is poor as I have taken them myself...was awkward to ask for help on this)...front & side, to describe my situation.

This is my 1st post & definitely many more will follow as I am serious about resolving this (turning 30 soon hence the urgency) - either fixing this or accepting it & moving on.

Please tell me how I should proceed to clarify my situation & what are the next steps to solve this. Who should I approach & what are the things I need to be careful about...

Really grateful to the members of this forum who are reading this & responding to it with their valuable opinion.

Offline transformSoon

• Posting Member
Can you feel some hard tissue behind your nipples. Were you able to feel glandular tissue when you were 72 kgs. You can lift your arm and see if you can feel any hard tissue or not.

However after looking at your pictures it seems you have gyno and some gland but a doctor will be able to confirm that with a physical exam. All the best and keep reading this forum, this will indeed help you!

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
from my undersanding, regardless if its gyne or not, or if its just fat, it wont go away with just exercise. most often its a combination of both gland and fat, some have more fat, some have more gland.

But as you mentioned, you dropped down to 72 kg and still the chest fat remained. If this is the case, i wouldn't think it would go away once you've reached 60kg, or even 50kg, as this was the case for me. I was chubby when I was about 13-14. Lost alot of fat when i was 15, but the fat on the chest never disappeared.

Working out is good and losing weight is good and all, regardless if you get surgery or not. But i dont think it will be enough.

Im not an expert or a doctor but just my opinion.. Goodluck and welcome to the site.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024