Author Topic: My op- a touch of hope maybe  (Read 3290 times)

Offline Hypo-is-here

I only had lipo on the chest, none elsewhere.

Yet I look so much lighter post op, something that must relate to perception rather than any change in actual actual weight.

It is amazing how much gynecomastia makes a man look fatter irrespective of the shape he is in.

I have actually put on quite a lot of weight, not lost it.

Yet I have still managed to look like I have lost weight- all very odd and very welcome.

Given I couldn't hide the gynecomastia even in the largest shirt (only a coat would hide it) it became quite debilitating for me and meant I stayed in an awful lot- especially throughout the summer.

The gyne meant I refused to play my favourite sport, I did play once in the summer in 90 degree heat with a big fleece top on and just got none stop questions as to why I was so mad to wear it (very tough) and I basically poured out an ocean of sweat and decided it was better avoiding such situations until the op.

Originally it should have been September but was cancelled/put back to December because the surgeon had a emergency breast cancer case to deal with.

Because I didn't get to work out in the summer I put weight on, this continued because by the time September came around the increase in weight meant the gyne looked even worse and so bad that I felt too bad about it to play sport in the winter even.

I have gained a good sized belly- just because of how the gynecomastia affected me.

But I couldn't care less now, because unlike the gynecomastia a stomach can be reduced with exercise and now I have the monkey off my back that stopped me from exercising I will be free (healing permitted) to really get out there.

The long and short of all this is that despite the weight gain, I still look lighter- which is amazing, it is an added bonus that many other guys will get as well.

Take a look at the before and after photos of loads of guys (excluding very minor ops and and amzingly thin or lean men) and you will see what I mean- and it is far more substantial in the flesh as pictures don't paint the full picture as they lack depth and contour.

My operation was extensive lasting 3 hours and I feel pretty badly beaten up- even though it is two weeks post op.

I also had a very bad health scare post op as well.

I had an infection and fluid build up and needed to go on antibiotic.

So I feel badly beaten up given the scale of the op- but I am starting to come out of the other side.

The chest looks very flat- but has no deformation which is great and the world looks so much brighter!!!

For the first time in 14yrs years I have put a t-shirt on and it doesn't look like I have boobs.....and that feels Sooooooo goood  :D

I might have minor scars- hard to tell at this stage- but I couldn't care less, as all I ever wanted was to be able feel normal wearing cloths and I already have scars from serious operations many years ago.

I doubt I will have any scars mind- but my expectations were always quite grounded and realistic (I am no perfectionist).

Anyway, have I said it all I don't know?  :D

Things can only get better in terms of recovery and I have actually seen I have a bit of muscle on that chest of mine that I never knew I had- another bonus :D

Will I ever post pics- well maybe, but not just yet- still a bit too self concious for my own good- a cop out I know- sorry :-/

But I just wanted to get this info out there as I know some guys will be having a tough time of it and I just wanted you to know (those electing surgery) that there is light at the end of the tunnel if you do your homework correctly and get a good surgeon.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Congrats mate.
Its been a very long time coming - longer than Ive been on these boards I believe...

If anyone deserves it, it was you.

once again congrats!

btw.. you havent mentioned anything about excision, or how much lipo etc? would be good to know.

ps: is this really the real hypo? I seem to remember you being much more articulate, gramatically and linguistically sound. maybe you were just typing in a free-flowing thought rush?
... and the saga continues

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hypo...

Yes, very true about how having your Gyne reduced makes you look a lot lighter. I had lost 30 lbs prior to my surgery, but it was only after the surgery when people said to me "Geeze, you've lost alot of weight!".

If the truth be known, I weighed myself before and after surgery and there was minimal difference!

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Hypo-is-here

Congrats mate.
Its been a very long time coming - longer than Ive been on these boards I believe...

If anyone deserves it, it was you.

once again congrats!

btw.. you havent mentioned anything about excision, or how much lipo etc? would be good to know.

ps: is this really the real hypo? I seem to remember you being much more articulate, grammatically and linguistically sound. maybe you were just typing in a free-flowing thought rush?

Yes Tony it is me.  

I returned to the site having changed ISPs and decided to just open a new account as it seemed a bit easier than going through the rigmarole of contacting Merle and having the old one sorted out.

It is true this operation has been a long time coming from me.

I had extensive excision and a bit of lipo.

I typed as the thoughts came to try and be a bit more tactile and put the real emotions across as opposed to being more grammatically structured/ more articulate but clinical.

I wanted the impact this has had on me to come through, hopefully it has.

But Tony thanks for the kind words, it’s appreciated!!!

Bambu, you are a classic example of what I am referring to regarding weight.  You looked really overweight pre op but in good shape post op, yet as you say your actual weight didn't alter.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Hypo many congratulations to you, i have read many of your posts from the hypo days and you have given so much help to people. If you ever do post pics it would be good to see. I seem to recall you posted pics showing the results of your gyne reduction with meds, before?

Offline Hypo-is-here

Thanks Stonecold.

I have tried my best to help others where I have been able to, like a lot of the guys here I wish I could do more.

I did have quite a reduction of my gynecomastia via Andractim, but ultimately it re-developed due to my hormone imbalance/meds that I was on at the time hence the operation.

I am pretty sore/beat up at the moment and a little self conscious too, but certainly I hope to post before and after photos when I am more upto it- but I think it might be some time yet.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Good luck with the healing, the soreness will soon pass. Its a shame you aint feeling great on New Years eve though.

Regarding the gyne coming back, what are the chances of recoccurance now youve had the operation?

Offline BR_Guy

• Posting Member
Congrats Hypo!

I'ts so nice to see you happy and hopeful about the near future.

Good luck!

Offline Hypo-is-here

Stonecold,

In terms of recurrence I discussed that with my surgeon and impressed on her that with my medical history recurrence was a distinct possibility.  

With that in mind she did her utmost to remove the entire gland.

I hope that is something that she managed to, certainly she did her best to do that and the chest is exceptionally flat.

I cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Br_Guy- thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024