Author Topic: What ChatGP AI Has to Say About Accepting Gynecomastia  (Read 1896 times)

Upfront

As a Christian I am pretty traditional  evangelical in my theology - and that is part of my own personal struggle with gyno.
I believe that however we see right or wrong God gives each individual a conscience and free wll choice.
I try to always try act  and interact with  others in a way that respects that and in humility that however firm I am in my beliefs, others have free choice.
I am not God, thank God, if he/she can live with giving out free will, I guess I have to!
This is as far as I will go down this line, going further is not appropriate on this forum

Offline 42CSurprise!

You speak to the great divide that exists within most religions... it will eternally be the fundamentalists who are unwilling to respect others and will eventually blow things up when they don't get their way.  It is easy to recognize Islamic fundamentalists but not so easy to recognize those from our own faith.  Sadly, we're witnessing the extreme tension right now in this country that is the product of such divisions.  I hope we survive.  I hope everyone who is different survives.

Offline 42CSurprise!

...I can't imagine sitting with my buddy for some drive way beers as we do time to time and talking about the games and politics and personal issues and bringing up how my bra is just bugging me today and expecting empathy and understanding instead of wtf.
Testosterone laden creatures have only one reaction to breasts... they want their hands on them in preparation for the main event.  I don't think yours would quality so, yes, I expect the reaction would be negative.  With all this talk about how estrogen affects our bodies and temperament I guess it isn't surprising that THIS group of men will respond differently.  We have no need to sexualize the reality of breasts filling the front of our shirts, whether in a brassiere or just a tee shirt.  So this is the place to talk about these things.  If we eroticize the experience that is our own business.

Brdy64

...I can't imagine sitting with my buddy for some drive way beers as we do time to time and talking about the games and politics and personal issues and bringing up how my bra is just bugging me today and expecting empathy and understanding instead of wtf.
Testosterone laden creatures have only one reaction to breasts... they want their hands on them in preparation for the main event.  I don't think yours would quality so, yes, I expect the reaction would be negative.  With all this talk about how estrogen affects our bodies and temperament I guess it isn't surprising that THIS group of men will respond differently.  We have no need to sexualize the reality of breasts filling the front of our shirts, whether in a brassiere or just a tee shirt.  So this is the place to talk about these things.  If we eroticize the experience that is our own business.
I learned early on that a conversation about my breasts doesn't belong amongst individuals that DON'T have breasts. 
They don't understand and sometimes will respond with rude comments. 
So I basically only talk ''boobs' here on the forum or with women. Women don't mind talking about them once they notice you have them as well.
In my case it's very noticeable, and they usually bring it up first. 
I guess with my hormones the way they are I don't have a libido, so I can't say I feel an erotic sensation about my breasts. I do however feel very 'sexy' looking in the mirror or putting my bra on. 
I think it's okay if one thinks his boobs are sexy. 😉

Brdy64

"I can't imagine sitting with my buddy for some drive way beers as we do time to time and talking about the games and politics and personal issues and bringing up how my bra is just bugging me today and expecting empathy and understanding instead of wtf."

That would be a 'WTF' moment. I can only think of one male friend outside of this site that would be understanding enough that I would even think about bringing up a 'bra' into the conversation. 
I know from experience that he would be okay with it simply because when I was suffering through wearing a compression vest on a hot day while he was visiting, he was the one that told me to go change into a bra. That I was obviously suffering, and he didn't want me suffering through a few games of pool. 

One other friend I used to think was okay mentioning it to, but as the conversation kept moving towards "You need surgery", and "You can't keep living like this",  I have decided to not mention it in front of him anymore. 
He thinks that me accepting things as they are is 'fruitcake' territory. 

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
From Upfront:
"This is as far as I will go down this line, going further is not appropriate on this forum."

I concur.  Religious beliefs are like opinions and bodily orifices - everyone has 'em.
To each his own.  Discussing different religious beliefs often degrades to simply cussing.  Some of the comments in this and other threads here regarding religious beliefs tend (hopefully unintentionally!) toward the very bigotry we all say we dislike.

For example, the idea religious belief in two sexes is extreme, or this-a-phobic or that-a-phobic, seems to ignore the statement  in the Torah (aka Bible) that God created them "male and female" - instead, that is just another belief.  'You pays your tithe and takes your choice', so to speak.

I can't make my physical condition the norm for anyone, and certainly not for everyone.  I have big boobs, I live with them.  How any of us choose to live with gyno is as individual as we all are.  I can't make anyone else like gyno, and am not upset if someone expresses something negative about it to me - it is what it is, for me and them.

I hope we all continue sharing with each other supportively.

"This is as far as I will go down this line, going further is not appropriate on this forum."

Upfront

Just to clarify. I was not shutting down other guys right to continue. 

Brdy64

Just to clarify. I was not shutting down other guys right to continue.
Nor was I. I guess I was simply stating that there is 'wiggle room' within religion that has been grossly overlooked.

It's not good to talk Politics nor Religion, so I'll leave it at that. 

aboywithgirls

"I can't imagine sitting with my buddy for some drive way beers as we do time to time and talking about the games and politics and personal issues and bringing up how my bra is just bugging me today and expecting empathy and understanding instead of wtf."

As a man, with Male friends, I don't think that I could have had this conversation either. I would always shy away from or literally remove myself from the group so I wouldn't have to talk about it. 

Things do change. I changed careers. I was working in a medical office that was staffed almost completely with women ( except for me, at the time and our maintenance guy). There, I found myself more comfortable talking about my breasts and bras when the subject came up. We all had boobs, and we all had to wear a bra. I found it very liberating getting to discuss all of it freely. 

❤️Sophie❤️

Brdy64

As a man, with Male friends, I don't think that I could have had this conversation either. I would always shy away from or literally remove myself from the group so I wouldn't have to talk about it.

Things do change. I changed careers. I was working in a medical office that was staffed almost completely with women ( except for me, at the time and our maintenance guy). There, I found myself more comfortable talking about my breasts and bras when the subject came up. We all had boobs, and we all had to wear a bra. I found it very liberating getting to discuss all of it freely.

❤️Sophie❤️
It is so liberating to just freely talk about 'boobs and bras'. 
I guess that's why most of my friends are female now. 

Offline Johndoe1

I too have found that those humans who do not have developed breasts are not good conversationalists on topics dealing with developed breasts. There is no point of reference and no understanding of having several unsupported pounds pulling on your sternum with every movement of your body can be a problem that needs to be dealt with. To them, breasts are a flesh playground.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

"There is no point of reference and no understanding of having several unsupported pounds pulling on your sternum with every movement of your body can be a problem that needs to be dealt with. To them, breasts are a flesh playground."

OMG yes!!!! For the most part (obviously not all, that's why you are here) women are who understand what it means to have, deal with, and take pleasure from having breasts. I don't want to talk to a man about my breasts or my bras (unless it's here.😏). That's what my wife, sister, and girlfriends are for.

❤️Sophie❤️

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
It is remarkable how wearing a brassiere can bring comfort.  I'm not simply talking about my breasts feeling more comfortable because they're held in the cups of a brassiere, but about feeling held by both the band, straps and cups.  That the brassiere gathers and shapes my breasts, creating a pleasing appearance, seems to be part of it.  I actually HAVE breasts that fill my extended fingers and the palms of my hands.  How DID that happen?  It seems bizarre but at the same time correct... as though I should have breasts.  I understand that everything changes when I'm able to accept my circumstances and that extends far beyond the simple fact I have breasts developing on my chest.  We talk about finding women's clothing more suited to our curvaceous bodies and we talk about how our attitudes and outlook have changed.  A friend mentioned Ben Affleck's comments about this three children, two of who are girls and one a boy.  The girls are all sweetness and light while the boy grunts and runs into walls.  That is what testosterone is all about.  With a hormone stew that includes less testosterone and more estrogen, men here develop breasts, curves, diminished genitalia and libido AND a calmer, more generous demeanor.  It feels as though the breasts that fill the front of the turtleneck I'm wearing at the moment, held perfectly in the unlined, seamless cups of my minimizing brassiere are a formal announcement to the world that I'm a changed person.  I'm fine with that.  8)
Hi 42C,
Like Dude mentioned, the “I should have breasts” spoke to me also. I now have breasts again years after a mastectomy and someone else on here once said that my body is determined to grow them. I had never thought of it that way before and it’s allowed me to have a different perspective. I’ve decided not to opt for surgery again. I tried a bra last year because I don’t want to deal with the discomfort of a compression shirt again either. It’s been a journey. I still only wear bras at home. I’m no longer upset that I have boobs, though.
-Ben

Offline Johndoe1

Like Dude mentioned, the “I should have breasts” spoke to me also. I now have breasts again years after a mastectomy and someone else on here once said that my body is determined to grow them. I had never thought of it that way before and it’s allowed me to have a different perspective. I’ve decided not to opt for surgery again. I tried a bra last year because I don’t want to deal with the discomfort of a compression shirt again either. It’s been a journey. I still only wear bras at home. I’m no longer upset that I have boobs, though.
-Ben
Ben,

i can't imagine what it must be like to have thought you solved this and now are dealing with it again. I know this is not common but does happen. And one of the reasons I chose to not have surgery but to live with and accept my breasts as they are and deal with them as women deal with their breasts. And the couple of women who know have been my biggest supporters and confidents on how to proceed. And to be honest, life hasn't been bad since I have accepted that my chest is different to other men's and is feminine in appearance and needs.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Hi John,
I’m very glad that you’re at peace with having them. It sounds like you are in a good place and have good friends. I remember when I joined the site you sent me the kindest message. It’s been a bit of a journey since. Thanks so much for your understanding and for reaching out.
-Ben

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024