Author Topic: my mom was preety surprised today  (Read 2099 times)

Offline moobiesfighter

• Bronze Member
I went to ask my Doc about my gyne 2 days ago Like I said before, She told me it would go away. Wow that was such a vague response. Ive had it since I was 11 or 12 now im 17... She didnt even ask me How long I have had it, And why it bothers me..

So My mom went with it , Until today I told her I was pissed at my Doc for being so retarted, I told her how embarrising it is to have gyne .. I told her its the reason I wear baggy clothes, jackets, dark clothes all the time, and never go to the pool, beach or ever ever take my shirt off in front of anyone/ I told her it makes me feel like less of a man, and takes away alot of my confidence..

She was preety surprised, she didnt know that it affected me so much, cuz I never told anyone about it..

But she understood me, and now we are going back to my Doctor..

What should I say this time to my doc??

Plus I found a surgeon who does gyne reduction surgery here in Georgia , So im thinking of having a talk with him...

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
It looks as if you have you have started the ball rolling in the right direction.  Keep it going.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline jessegyne

• Posting Member
Well I think you should talk to the surgeon :P good luck

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Congratulations on getting the door opened and starting the dialog with your mother. Sharing the burden makes it (in effect) lighter.

Let your mother go to bat for you.  You will want to make a case out of the emotional impact of your Gynecomastia. A referral to a psychologist can sometimes be helpful in getting Insurance coverage for eventual surgery. A complete physical exam may be required and sometimes a referral to an Endocrinologist.

Open the site and invite your mother in to read along with you. in the past, we have had some mothers who regularly communicated with the site.

Ultimately, you'll probably be looking for a referral to a cosmestic surgeon.

Again, congratulations and Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline jessegyne

• Posting Member
wow  :o paa paw you really know how to give advises I'm impress

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024